• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Nice weather!

GT/CS S Code

Well, I guess this year's Victoria Capital Region "flower count" might be delayed, since we're experiencing an uncommon (for Victoria) blizzard right now! Normally we are inundated with rain, rain, and more rain this time of year ... but Mother Nature decided to throw us a curve ball this January! No one here is used to this kind of weather, so everything is at an absolute standstill. Schools are closed, bus routes are limited and many aren't running, and many local businesses have temporarily closed their doors as most of their staff can't make it in to work.
:rolleyes:

Attachments

• January 2012 in Victoria 012 (Small).jpg
    January 2012 in Victoria 012 (Small).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 27
  • January 2012 in Victoria 013 (Small).jpg
    January 2012 in Victoria 013 (Small).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 25
  • January 2012 in Victoria 014 (Small).jpg
    January 2012 in Victoria 014 (Small).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 27
  • January 2012 in Victoria 015 (Small).jpg
    January 2012 in Victoria 015 (Small).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 26
  • January 2012 in Victoria 016 (Small).jpg
    January 2012 in Victoria 016 (Small).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 28
  • January 2012 in Victoria 017 (Small).jpg
    January 2012 in Victoria 017 (Small).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 28

Northern Pony

Lot's of systems currently moving around the North West. I am mostly living at our place at a ski hill this winter, 75cm this week ( about 30 inches ) so far, but so cold -31C or about -24F. Too cold for me to sit my cold butt on a chair lift and hope that it does not break down at this temp.
I am curious to know how much snow Cory gets today and tomorrow, and hoping for some of his system to come just a bit North.
BoB

hookedtrout

Normally here in S.E. Idaho I've plowed the driveway to the point the kids have 12' high piles to sled off of. This year, no snow, my septic drain field is not draining properly due to the fact that there is no snow, we've had sub-zero temps and it's driven the frost down into the drain field. Weird year for sure. I haven't plowed once this year and the grass is still showing. Never seen that in my lifetime in mid January.

gazrox

last week we broke a record here in Saskatoon at +6C - this week its -35C

:confused:

aemoo28

Tell me about it! This is day 5 of this white stuff. No real end in sight. 6" paralyzes the city of Seattle. Highs in the 29-31F range.

68 special

Yep, I had 11 inches as of today. Oh well, rain on the way, oh boy. I'd rather drive in the snow than on the ice. Too bad Boeing didn't call a "snow day". Fortunately on 3rd shift, there isn't much traffic.

Bret

hookedtrout

Well we normally have a couple of feet by now and I can still see my lawn. Everything has gone North or around us, never in my life have I seen a mid January with no snow on the ground...until now!

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

Back to normal ...

Well, it's back to normal overnight and today ... rain ... rain ... and more rain ... so the snow is 99% gone. We've gone from "white" to "wet"!
:confused: