• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Marti Reports

J_Speegle

Seems like a long time (though they can get back logged)

I would you give them a call and simply ask how its progressing.:smile:

hookedtrout

I just purchased an elite report and it states on the web site that they take 3-4 months. Even at 4 you should have yours by now which means I probably won't see mine until June or July. Can't immagine it taking that long, guess I don't understand what all is involved, must not be on the computer or it would simply be search, print, package and send. Makes those slow ebayers seem much better now.

Cory

OP
OP
Minnesota_Mustang_Nutt

Minnesota_Mustang_Nutt

Okay, nevermind. I thought the door tag was missing from the car. But it is there. I figured it all out. It is Brittany Blue, with a 289 2V, with an automatic C-4 tranny, and black interior. I bought the car on Ebay in September. The car is all original, except the engine and tranny were rebuilt. There is zero rust on it. Solid body. Paint is excellent. I am just in love with it. I need to replace a few things here and there that are worn out, but I will have a blast with it this summer. Im gunna enter it in a few shows, especially the Mustang shows. Don't plan on winning anything, but I am sure many people have not seen or ever heard of a GT/CS. I would like to post a pic of it on here, but the way I have it stored, I cannot get a good pic of it.

franklinair

Welcome! You'll find lots of info, help, encouragement here. We're all nuts about our cars!

Neil

GT/CS S Code

Parts reminder ...

... and remember that our forum member Ron (clubpro) offers our members parts at a discount when it comes to replacing any worn bits and pieces. I'm just ordering some new tail light lenses from him for our "S" code GT/CS. Ron is a great guy to deal with and he deserves our support!
:grin:

hookedtrout

Marti Reply

Contacted Marti yesterday about the emailed version that you pay a few dollars extra for and their response, "The email is not a rush service. It will be sent in a few months when we are working on the elite report."

This is my first dealing with Marti, are they slow with their other products and services? Half a year for anything seems unbelievable and two months for an email certainly doesn't give me a good first impression, I'd probably be hard pressed to do business for anything I could get elsewhere based on my first impression, obviously no choice on the Marti reports, maybe knowing that, they don't care? I guess one positive note, I had a response to my email question within a few hours.

I'd welcome any response in case I do need to do business with them in the future.

They need to contact Obama and see if he can't help out, with all the people laid off it sounds like they need a little help.

Mosesatm

Contacted Marti yesterday about the emailed version that you pay a few dollars extra for and their response, "The email is not a rush service. It will be sent in a few months when we are working on the elite report."

This is my first dealing with Marti, are they slow with their other products and services? Half a year for anything seems unbelievable and two months for an email certainly doesn't give me a good first impression, I'd probably be hard pressed to do business for anything I could get elsewhere based on my first impression, obviously no choice on the Marti reports, maybe knowing that, they don't care? I guess one positive note, I had a response to my email question within a few hours.

I'd welcome any response in case I do need to do business with them in the future.

They need to contact Obama and see if he can't help out, with all the people laid off it sounds like they need a little help.

His China-based (just a cynical guess) door tag supplier is probably holding things up.

mustang.biz

If you buy a standard Marti report, you get that credit back when you purchase an elite. not sure if they will do that retroactively, but for $15 you can get the standard which will show all of the options. It isn't matted or framed, so it is much quicker. For another $10 (I think) they will run it the day you call and email or fax it. I've always paid extra for the "rush" service and gotten the report the same day.

OP
OP
Minnesota_Mustang_Nutt

Minnesota_Mustang_Nutt

If you buy a standard Marti report, you get that credit back when you purchase an elite. not sure if they will do that retroactively, but for $15 you can get the standard which will show all of the options. It isn't matted or framed, so it is much quicker. For another $10 (I think) they will run it the day you call and email or fax it. I've always paid extra for the "rush" service and gotten the report the same day.

I just might do that. Do not really need the elite untill the car shows start this summer.

gofastguy

I purposely bought the cheapest Marti...probably lucky for me since I may still be waiting for the expensive one! My thinking was that the higher priced one did not accurately reflect the rarity of our cars when they report them as 1 of 4118...I guess this is due to breaking down the engine/transmission numbers for total hardtop production.

hookedtrout

The wait really isn't an issue for me, never really have cared if I had a Marti or not, I've had the car since 1983 and I'm just barely ordering a Marti so I guess even if it takes a year it's no big deal to me personally. I do however question how a business can take 5-6 months to deliver a product as simple as this and survive? They can build houses quicker?

As for ordering the email option and getting it immediately, I don't think so unless it's just for the simplest report, they told me it would be up to two months before I got my email version.

For me the simplest report wasn't an option. My wanting a Marti has nothing to do with validating if my car is a CS, I know it's an authentic CS, I've known the original owners. For me it's seeing every little detail on the car and the simple form leaves out a lot of the details.

rvrtrash

For me it's seeing every little detail on the car and the simple form leaves out a lot of the details.

Unfortunately you don't always get every little detail. The elite Marti's goal is to get you down to a 1 of 1 car. If you have a common car with common options, you'll get a whole laundry list of options to narrow it down. My Boss 351 hit it in 4 lines, so the report didn't bother to go any further. It would have been nice to see how many had the same options as mine, but it didn't give anything past color and interior. Don't get me wrong, it's kind of cool to have a car that unique, but I was greedy and wanted more info for my $200+.

Steve