• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Marchal light bracket rivets?

747Driver

Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well! Does anyone know the correct rivet type and size on the AMKProducts.com site for the Marchal brackets-to-Grill assembly? Looking at the AMK site and comparing to photos of original grills (and Mike’s reproduction photos), they look like Universal Head Solids or Truss Head Solids, but can’t be sure…and the size is only a guess as well. If anyone can point me to the correct rivet name and size, I’ll be greatly obliged. Thanks! Josh (747Driver)

OP
OP
747Driver

747Driver

9294F4A3-E827-49CC-95EC-A84DE93C0E4A.png

OP
OP
747Driver

747Driver

Thank you sir. I’ll check them out…someone else referenced AMKProducts in an earlier post, as well. Both sits appear to have a number of close matches, but I’m guessing I’ll just have to mic the hole diameters and material depth for size, and then pick the closest head shape from photos, unless anyone has already done the homework on that info. Thanks again! Josh

Mosesatm

You can also use pop rivets if you fill the centers and paint them. ;)

Ruppstang

It takes a special kind of tool to crimp the tubular rivets. I costs about $250. I use a friends.

OP
OP
747Driver

747Driver

True…I have a buddy in town who owns a local welding/fabricating shop who seems to have every old-school metal fabrication tool known to man, including a hydraulic rivet setter…betting he has the correct set (somewhere in his shop ??! 😂) if I can find the correct rivet…and he drinks Miller Lite 🍺

whodat

PM your address I will send you enough to do 1 grill. I will pay a favor forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whodat

0cd203d36865b6a16c68e6fd5da5d8b8.jpg

I used these, bought rivet tool for $150
85780db7bd7be1304f8a0f50e9a190fd.jpg

cmacias24

What’s the name of that rivet tool?

OP
OP
747Driver

747Driver

PM your address I will send you enough to do 1 grill. I will pay a favor forward.

Apologies…I’ve been Comm-out for a few days and just saw your note about rivets. I’m greatly appreciative of your offer…I’ll PM you asap! Josh

Ricky Knapik

Hey whodat, do you still have enough for another grille? Do you have the tool as well?

Mosesatm

Model car restorers use a lot of rivets. You may want to check out their vendors.