• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted looking to buy a GT/CS

whodat

Hello all. I should've came here first before going to look at a couple different cars. I am looking to buy a California Special since I alway's wanted one since the first time I seen one. I flew out to California and saw a nice J code, but the color was orange and the price was high. I drove to Dallas the next day after coming in from L.A. only to be dissapointed by a non-punctual salesman and an engine that leaked oil. So if any of you know where I can find one I am looking. Not for a project car or one that needs a total restoration. I notice a lot of these cars come up on Ebay. I did have the winning bid on a beautiful GT/CS from El Paso only to have the bid cancelled and it was relisted for more money. And I lost. Thanks, Dominick

Mosesatm

You've certainly come to the right place. We pretty well have the country covered and know most of the cars.

Are you interested in any particular color, engine, transmission, AC, PS, PDB, etc?

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

A/C. P/S, "J" code if possible or "C" code. Any color is fine. I'd like to get one with the original color. Any option, not too picky.

Mosesatm

Just a couple more questions so we can get you what you're looking for.

Do you want a show car, a driver, a project, a rusty shell?
What's the maximum you want to spend?

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

#1, #2 or #3 car. As an example the car Casey had for sale I would have contacted him. In some cases it depends on an appraisal. I am mechanically inclined, but not a restorer. Hope this helps. I looked in the registry and saw there was one near me, but it is in a gated community. I talked to the local Mustang group and they said they hadn't seen one around.

Last edited:

mmarsalone

Where is the one near you? I only know of two in the area, mine and another about a miles away. We're in Metairie. I would love to know if there is a third one near us.

Mike

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

I think, but not certain there is one in Beau Chene in Mandeville. I remember seeing a red and white one on Lake Trail Drive in Metairie at one time sitting in the driveway, but I no longer see it. Can you email me?

FoolsGold1

Added a partial, mostly complete list of secondary items that are for sale and/or available on my vehicle. Just giving an FYI.

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

We went and saw one in Dallas on saturday. A nice unmolested car with good potential. If everything goes well I should have it in 3 1/2 weeks.

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

On our way to Dallas tomorrow to pick up a GT/CS.

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

I finally got my Gt/CS. I bought one from a member on this site that contacted me. It's a Lime Gold C-code. I am going to enjoy it this summer. Then start doing some more restoration work on it.