• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

looking to buy a 1969 Mach 1 from good people

deerrr

I have had Rotten Luck w/people selling Mustangs!!!!!
To say little . . ."I have been the Sucker".
Losing a dream is hard, but when it takes down more dreams than just my Own is just too hard for me to Swallow.

In Cash I will have 10k (give or take) I have a Fresh Engine & Auto/trans
so I don't need a car that runs.

Thank You one, and all for your help & consideration!

Wishing only the best to you, and yours ;`)

RRR

OP
OP
D

deerrr

Bryan see -dealer sold/now no title.
not a #matching, switched out the quick-shift for an automatic . . . Dad (80),and my Brother (demands his name on the title also- so I will not be albe to sell) would be able drive the car.
My hi-po 289 turned out to be a 5-bolt . . . long story short "we are an plan A-3".
Building 302 this turkey weekend ;`) then mary the refab c-4 trans at some point, but Iwill not stuff them in the car. No Title . . .No workie!

planemove

Sadly enough there are some very dishonest dealers out their. You need to turn him in to the State so they can pull his license. I had it happen to me years ago on a motor home it almost cost me 10k He traded me the 10k for his freedom I did not press the charges in exchange for my money. He would have gone to jail, it was not his first time.

I hope thing turn out for you. You need a break!

OP
OP
D

deerrr

Hi Robert: 5 bolt blocks are early engines that work w/2 speed ford-o-matics. My 1969 needed a 6 bolt to go w/c-4 auto trans . . . the cam/crank were placed in the 302 block my Brother, and I are rebuilding today.

Thanks Bryan! I will be standing in line at the DMV early Monday morning!!! ;`)

OP
OP
D

deerrr

I can not get a refund on the 69 mach 1 in my driveway I bought from a Dealer/Flipper.
When or If I receive any Money from the Fraud (no title) court case I have to file . . .
I will update this posting.

rvrtrash

Sorry to hear it's been such a fiasco for you. Hope it all works out.

Steve

robert campbell

Hi Robert: 5 bolt blocks are early engines that work w/2 speed ford-o-matics. My 1969 needed a 6 bolt to go w/c-4 auto trans . . . the cam/crank were placed in the 302 block my Brother, and I are rebuilding today.

Thanks Bryan! I will be standing in line at the DMV early Monday morning!!! ;`)

One of the stoutest part of the HIPO package is the main caps. You can get a bellhousing from 5 bolt "Cruise-a-matic" that will bolt to your later C4, or for that matter, quicktime bellhousing for 5 speed TKO's and toploaders. The block is a select block with higher nickle content. I would build that block. You can even stroke it if you want. Huge mistake not to keep it all together. Pinnacle of the Ford small block.

http://www.lakewoodindustries.com/catalogs/Quicktime_catalog_2010_74512G.pdf

OP
OP
D

deerrr

I did sell this engine. The guy needed it to get his classic on the road. I did loose some money on the deal, but I helped him in getting his dream car on the road. This is one of the moments I am proud of

OP
OP
D

deerrr

I see a Pink Slip in our future ;`) Father & Son's Project . . . Dad is 80, I'm 51, and my Brother is 47. There will be Grunts . . .Most will be of the Tim Allen Stylings . . . :icon_ecst

robert campbell

sounds like good news! I am a bit confused. I take it you have the car in your driveway. You got it for a decent price. If you get a title, are you not "whole" in all of this? What is left to do?

Rob

OP
OP
D

deerrr

Hi Robert:
I have had the Car since Sept 20, 2011. My Guy now has this Car registered in his name, and I will get the title by March 16, 2012. Very exiceted !! ;`) Yes, I will be whole, as soon as the car is registered in mine, and my Brother's names.
We will have to pull the 351 w engine out again . . . fix holes in both pans. Drop in
the rebuilt engine/trans . . . work out the bugs ! Whooo Hoooo !!! Good Price ? Better than most I have seen on Craig's list, but w/the hassle paying more money might have been worth it. We are lucky to have found one! It is good News, I will be able to take the Locks & Chains off ;`)