• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Look this over and comment

murf104

There is a GT/CS listed at" Auto Gallery Museum" that interests me. I do not know how to post a link to this web sight but would appreciate any info or comment any of you have if you can take a look at this vehicle. VIN is 8R01J155984. If any one has any info on this car please share it with me. Car is red with parchment deluxe bench seat, air, ps, and I do not know what else. Talked to the man who is selling it but did not get a lot of specific info. Can anyone help out? Collectorcartraderonline.com is web sightThanks

OP
OP
M

murf104

I cannot post a link, but google Auto Gallery Museum, than scroll down to the red GTCS. Hope this has not confused you as much as it has me.

68gt390

Try this link and see if it works:

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/0/4/70864604.htm

Looks like a very nice car. Car has had some restoration or may have been completely restored. Has both counsels. Would get a Marti Report though before any serious negotiations take place to ensure it actually came with those options. GT options package came with upper and lower counsels. The counsels could have been added after car was originally purchased either by previous owner or even the dealer. Since it is a 302 I would assume it did, but, Marti Report will confirm that info for you as well as if it is a true GT/CS. You can have them fax you a copy of the report for about $25.00. It's well worth it. This particular car has been on this site for sometime now. I would negotiate with them. When I bought mine back in Feb 04, dealer wanted $22,950.00 for mine which was an "S" code with 4 speed. By the time I got done picking the car apart they settled for $16,500.00. Compared to some of the other GT/CS's I've seen on this site it is priced very competitively. I got lucky on mine. Good luck with your decision.

Don 8)

OP
OP
M

murf104

THANKS: you have a link to the correct vehicle posted. Lets see what all of the critical eyes can spot or if any one else has inquired about this. I was in hopes that someone had perhaps looked into this previously and knew who built it and where it came from.

68sunlitgold

murf,
the car looks very nice, I agree with everyone that getting a Marti report is essential. As for it being a GT, it has all the right visual stuff, the only thing I do not see is the "GT" on the wheel center caps, but considering these cars are 30+ years old they could have been long replaced by the plain caps. Also the consoles do not come with the GT option, the interior decor group had the overhead console for an option and the floor console was just an option by itself. neither are with the GT option.

Doug

quicknick

If I am not mistaken, this car was for sale last year. I remember seeing it in the old car trader and calling on it. I wonder why it keeps changing hands?
It looks to be pretty clean and that looks like a fresh paint job judging from the condition of the trunk.
Also, it has a clock, but no tach. So not a real GT. I'm guessing.
See if you can beat him up on the price a little. It does seem a bit steep. Nicholas

hicountrybob

Response to Nick, I must clarify that (clock but no tach) does not mean this car is or is not a GT. My 2 big block HCS's had neither, but 1 has GT equipment group and 1 has the heavy duty suspension listed on the Marti reports. Also, I think I'm repeating what was said in other posts on this GT stuff, that because a car is a J code, no way is automaticly a GT or not a GT. Call Kevin Marti 'cause he has the final word in my book. Also, for instance, on 428 CJ's, tach's were a required option ($54.40) on 4 spd Mustang but not required on the CJ's auto C-6. Further, the in- dash clock was sold for $15.59 extra in standard interior cars, but was a part of the deluxe interior package. Hope this clears up some " I heard" or " I think" responses. Hope I have not negatively rattled any cages from you guys. I sure like our site and sometimes when I'm ready to pipe up, someone else answers these mysteries so well Doug, Nick, and so many others. thanks Bob Teets.

68gt390

Bob;
Your exactly correct, tach's were not required on the C-6 auto but, was required on the 4 speed cars both the 390 and the 428. My 68 GT 390 Coupe has the clock with C-6 auto and no tach while my 68 GT/CS has the tach with no clock, 4 speed car. By the way, didn't get the chance to say so earlier but, enjoyed talking to you in Nashville. Hopefully, we will get the chance to meet again some day. Keep up the good work.

Don ;D ;D

Sarge

Boy, just the rarity of a "deluxe bench seat and delux interior", overhead console (and the A/C, which I do not have!) makes me like this vehicle. It looks good!!! Question: Did deluxe interiors come with the wood grain steering wheel? I know the dash got the wood treatment...
Robert

Glen Yates

I talked to this guy several times over a period of 3 or 4 days. The best he would do on the price is to knock off $400.00.

Look close at the pictures. That is a white interior! The door panel is white with a parchment inset.

OP
OP
M

murf104

I noticed in the photos that the majority of the interior seems to be white rather than parchment. It did not make sense to me - I questioned the seller and he said he was pretty certain that the interior had never been replaced. Just one of several things I questioned. Will try to get to Chicago this week and inspect vehicle. I too think that the price is toohigh, and he made no offer to talk about price - said he knew it would sell so was firm on price. Will post a report hopefully this week on what it looked like to me. Murf