• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lil Red Convertible Clone

19HCS68

That is a great looking car! It did get me wondering about (I know it's been gone over before) values of our cars. It amazes me all the time when I see the "Elenor" cars and clones of other cars such as this car. They are cool looking and most are modified to perform much better than stock. This car on ebay is currently at $22000 and has 4+ days left. The "Elenor" cars consistently sell for over $100000. Our stock, original cars rarely push over $20000. I for the life of me can't figure this phenomena out. ANYONE with enough $$$$$$$$ can buy these cars at ANY time. Try to find an original GT/CS or HCS in good shape. You will look for quite a while no matter how much money you have. But we still have a hard time getting over $20000 for our cars. Which raises the question, What the F#@*!?!? :frust:

Gary

PS I feel better now I got that off my chest.

Midnight Special

19HCS68 said:
That is a great looking car! It did get me wondering about (I know it's been gone over before) values of our cars. It amazes me all the time when I see the "Elenor" cars and clones of other cars such as this car. They are cool looking and most are modified to perform much better than stock. This car on ebay is currently at $22000 and has 4+ days left. The "Elenor" cars consistently sell for over $100000. Our stock, original cars rarely push over $20000. I for the life of me can't figure this phenomena out. ANYONE with enough $$$$$$$$ can buy these cars at ANY time. Try to find an original GT/CS or HCS in good shape. You will look for quite a while no matter how much money you have. But we still have a hard time getting over $20000 for our cars. Which raises the question, What the F#@*!?!? :frust:

Gary

PS I feel better now I got that off my chest.

I wonder if it's because alot of those high dollar Eleanor clones are rotisserie built w/ everything spotless & new etc... like a "made to order" dream car that you could drive often without so much thought for preservation. They're not limited to "correct" and thus can have so many more performance, suspension, and body modifications while still representing the real thing.

I love driving CS's, but the clone I have is in many ways more fun because I don't worry about putting on alot of miles or its preservation. I can do any modification & add any gadgets I want, plus drive the heck out of it while not relying on NOS parts to keep it in excellent shape.

Mustanglvr

The Eleanor phase is running out. It seems really cliche to me now to see someone attempt at creating another one. I`m sure the movie Gone in Sixty Seconds is one of the only reasons why anyone would want one, make one or pay such a price for one.

Midnight Special

Mustanglvr said:
I`m sure the movie Gone in Sixty Seconds is one of the only reasons why anyone would want one, make one or pay such a price for one.

...Not necessarily Rhonda. Personally, I don't give a whit for that movie
(I only used the "E" word because that's what most are familiar with... )

I believe a well built clone has its place in society for those who want to experience that total Shelby or hopped-up CS experience without risking the real article. I know most people here despise them, but I did pay as much for mine as another good CS because everything on it is spotless and new.

I can beef up the horsepower, add a four (or 5-speed), do all kinds of trick stuff, yet retain those wonderful CS features that keep it so unique. :)

It would only be bad I think if I were to tell people it was "real" which I don't do. (although I don't always volunteer that info;-) but I do leave the tell-tale '67 fender emblems intact & will not add the hood locks.

I'm also not afraid to drive it aggressively or more regularly where the CSs are treated more like Royalty. But that's just me...

At the same time, we've seen plenty of other clones that were done poorly which command far le$$ than a good '68 coupe. It's all in one's desires...

Attachments

• b8.jpg
    b8.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 30
  • showcardblue.jpg
    showcardblue.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 25