• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 I've lost motivation and selling one of my cars

bassman2

I haven't posted here in quite a while because I stopped working on my project cars and can't seem to get restarted.

I've decided to sell my J code, since all its done is sit. My C code has been sitting in the "almost" done phase for a year. All I really need to do is finish wiring it up, put in fluids and try to start the newly rebuilt motor! Damn if I can find time to get that done.

Little things keep me frustrated on that car. It's been a complete restoration I've learned a lot and had fun, but ... Once this car is done, I'm done for a while.

I guess that's why I posted my J code for sale. Anyway, the right person is going to get a good deal. I have lots of parts for that car. It could be sweet, I just wish I'd of started restoring that car first instead of my C code. It would have been a lot easier!

I guess I'm just ranting!

68sunlitgold

I looked at your post in the for sale section but it is hard to read the Marti Report, could you repost it so it can be read. Thanks

OP
OP
B

bassman2

If you need to look at the Marti - look at my Gallery.

Bassman2 1968 CS J Code 302 4v

Last edited:

6t8-390gt

I found myself in a similar position a few years ago and a friend gave this advice

Tonight go out in the garage and do "something"...just five or ten minutes! Repeat daily for seven days. At the end of the seven days you'll have a rejuvinated feeling.

Sounds kinda stupid, but it worked for me and I passed along the same advice to another friend and it worked for him!

Good Luck on finishing your current project and the sale of the other car.

Danny

OP
OP
B

bassman2

Thank you! My biggest problem is the fact that my shop isn't near my house. It's at least 4miles away. Doesn't sound like a big deal - but it prevents me from tinkering for an hour in the evening or whenever I have time.

With it being 15 minutes away, it highlights how lazy I am. :smile:

Ruppstang

Many parts have made the trip to my home so when I only have a few minuets I can work on them. There are a lot of polishing and cleaning projects on a restoration. You may what to consider how long it takes to find a good project before you part with the J code. Just my two cents.
Marty

OP
OP
B

bassman2

Well, I met the famous Robert Campbell and Val today! Great people, very knowledgeable and enthusiastic! It was great to meet you today - I'm sure I'll be bugging you about details on my C code from time to time - If I ever start working on that car again!

I can say that the J code is going to a good home in North Carolina!

robert campbell

Randy, you were a pleasure to meet and your ex-fire station/shop is way cool! I tried to buy one in my area years and years ago. Did not pan out. Heck, I would have lived in mine!!

As for famous....... just love the cars and the people!!

Your C code looks awesome and it will be one nice GT/CS hot rod. The purest may not like it, but I love it!! Everything you have done so far looks first cabin!

I love how Randy stood by and acted like he knew nothing. Baited me like a Bass on his line!!!! Took me a little bit and then he slipped a bit on his pull and I was off the hook!! He knows cars very well trust me!!!

Neil got this J code beauty. Like car heaven for a GT/CS!! Can't wait to see what Neil does with this one!!!

Rob

cool68

thank you

I found myself in a similar position a few years ago and a friend gave this advice

Tonight go out in the garage and do "something"...just five or ten minutes! Repeat daily for seven days. At the end of the seven days you'll have a rejuvinated feeling.

Sounds kinda stupid, but it worked for me and I passed along the same advice to another friend and it worked for him!

Good Luck on finishing your current project and the sale of the other car.

Danny
well said well said