• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ISO Father's old Ride - Please Help

platnumheart666

Hey everyone,

I have been looking for awhile, but now need assistance. My father passed away a little over a year ago and ever since I have been searching for his old ride. If anyone knows the best way to go about this or can personally assist that would be awesome. I know its not a GT/CS but would like to know if anyone may have any answers for us. I am willing to pay a finders fee. I have listed a craigslist ad with the License plate and VIN and last known owner and location at: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/wan/4676696373.html

Its a 1968 GT Torino Fastback S-Code, Royal Maroon with Deluxe interior. 77K miles - sold to Paul Pilcher of Phoenix Arizona in 2003. VIN # is 8A42S101428
Any help is highly appreciated!

Frank & Annie

OP
OP
platnumheart666

platnumheart666

Here is an old pic - Will be looking for more to post

Attachments

• ti.jpg
    ti.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
platnumheart666

platnumheart666

Here are two Paul Pilchers in Arizona.

Paul E Pilcher
3402 N 26th Pl
Phoenix, AZ 85016 (602) 852-0139

Paula J Pilcher
5490 W Indian Camp Rd
Prescott, AZ 86305 (928) 778-4138

- See more at: http://www.zabasearch.com/people/paul+pilcher/az/#sthash.4BG1MtFq.dpuf

Thanks,

The Paul on N 26th is him. I have emailed and messaged from Facebook and have gotten no response. I have also left messages awhile back. I figure he just doesn't want to be bothered. I basically need some way to access Arizona DMV and obtain a MVR. Problem is that they are highly tight on security of records. I could always try another call or send something via snail mail.

robert campbell

Thanks,

The Paul on N 26th is him. I have emailed and messaged from Facebook and have gotten no response. I have also left messages awhile back. I figure he just doesn't want to be bothered. I basically need some way to access Arizona DMV and obtain a MVR. Problem is that they are highly tight on security of records. I could always try another call or send something via snail mail.

Time for a road trip....

Rob

dalorzo_f

I have emailed and messaged from Facebook and have gotten no response.

And then... "Time for a road trip...."

I get your goal, but if the person doesn't want to be bothered, let it go.

I sure would not be happy if someone pestering me for one of my cars failed to get the hint and showed up knocking on my door.

Or if the DMV was passing out records to anyone asking for the location of my cars...

robert campbell

Or maybe a polite pulse on Facebook with the picture of the car. A polite query if they are wiling to sell and let you know. Sometimes people are willing to part with a car if properly asked. And offered a good price.

I agree with Richard that knocking on the door is not the best approach. Needs to be proceeded with some time of prior contact.

Rob

robert campbell

I went to the Fairlane Club of America with my numbers match 428 CJ and C6 automatic. I knew it came out of a formal roof 1969 Fairlane. All I had was the consecutive unit number. They checked their registry, but no joy.

Rob

somethingspecial

I once found a car for a buddy which he had in HS. His mom was the original owner. A 69' Mustang Convertibe. I found the car and contacted the owner. He would not even talk to me about the car and I told him I was calling on behalf of my buddy, who is who sold him the car. He told me to have my buddy call him and THEY could discuss it. Well, I passed on the info and the next day my buddy called me and told me the new owner not only talked to him, but GAVE him the car back free of charge. Sometimes it is worth the effort and the right ingredients can make a NO SALE into the bargain of a lifetime.