• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

how to figure out sister cars?

my68cs

What is the best way to figure out the sister cars of the one I have? If anybody thinks they might have a sister car my vin is 8R01C153454. Thanks

Diesel Donna

Well to me it would be the car that was made the same time or very near the same time as mine was. I have found the closest to mine was 21 unit numbers from my VIN number. That's pretty close considering that they were not consecutive numbers. The car is also in the same town as mine.
And their car is not in Paul's registry! The car was spotted in a repair garage and I got the VIN and data plate codes from it.Left a message for the owner but no response yet.

Diesel Donna

my68cs said:
What is the best way to figure out the sister cars of the one I have? If anybody thinks they might have a sister car my vin is 8R01C153454. Thanks

I would look in Paul Newitt's registry book and simply look up the VIN numbers that are close to yours.
Okay I just went and looked it up... your car is not in the registry but VIN numbers J153230 is in there and J153489 are listed. That's the closest to your car. Be sure to get your CS info to Paul M. Newitt ASAP for the new book! See other threads on this site, there are many! If you don't get your car listed, nobody can see if they have YOUR sister car either.

~~~~Donna

P

PNewitt

"Sister cars" can be two cars built on the dame day, or very close in VINs, and/or ordered for the same dealership on or about the same time.

My car, and Mike Jewell's CS are sister cars, both GT390, 4spd's ordered and sold at the same time at Suburban Ford in Sacto in April '68.

Hovever, I'm wondering. What would a "sister car" be, if it was also a "bad boy"? (a "Twisted Sister"?)

LOL.

Paul N.

Mustanger

PNewitt said:
"... What would a "sister car" be, if it was also a "bad boy"? (a "Twisted Sister"?)

LOL.

Paul N.

... oh "boy" ... or should I say, " oh "brother" ... " ... LOL

Mustanglvr

BroadwayBlue said:
Interesting. I assumed a sister car was one that was ordered with the same options.

No Rich, thats a "twin". My car is 1 of 2 identical twins.

BroadwayBlue

Mustanglvr said:
No Rich, thats a "twin". My car is 1 of 2 identical twins.

Well ... you have to be a sister to be a twin (or a brother but we all know cars are female) :grin:

and ... to be twin there can only be 2. What if there are 3 or 4 or 100! :rolleyes:

Diesel Donna

BroadwayBlue said:
Well ... you have to be a sister to be a twin (or a brother but we all know cars are female) :grin:

and ... to be twin there can only be 2. What if there are 3 or 4 or 100! :rolleyes:

Then that would be a dysfunctional family!!! :eek: