• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

A sister website for the 2007-2009 GT/CSs?

albegtcs

Paul,

I am a late model owner and I can see the value of different sections for 68 and 07-09s in the Forum, However I would not want to see the groups separate. It is nice to hear about the older cars and the newer cars in the same forum. It is nice to come to a forum where GT/CS is appreciated regardless of model year. What are the Mach 1, Bullitt and Shelby folks doing?

Perhaps other late model owners don't know the heritage of the car. I was at a cruise-in the other night and there was one other late model GT/CS. The owner did not know about the heritage of the car. They inquired about the wind shield sticker I got from you and I directed them to this site. I believe we as a community have the spread the word about the car both old and new at car shows.

Ladystang

I made up a framed story board telling about the new CS on the left side, and the orginial CS on the right side. Pics and history and details. It gets a lot of interest and people ask more questions about both cars.

Helps answer the question always asked; "What does CS stand for?"

QuarterHorse

I agree with the above comment in creating a separate forum on this site. There are other sites exclusive to 07-08 GT/CS, but here you have the mix of the old and new together to find in one site...just my opinion.:smile: I think there should be a separation anyways regarding the old and new on this site...so that discussions exclusive to 07-08 owners can be found readily instead of searching throughout the site and not mixed in.

Ditto.... seperate forums should be all that is necessary. As a late model owner, I enjoy having a connection with the original GT/CS owners.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I think what we have here is a common experience of what it's like to own a GT/CS. The CS was born out of the spirit of the California street rods and customs of the 60's. Malibu beach, the drag strip, and Sunset Blvd.

The heritage of the CS comes from that culture--and it's found it's way all over the country.

It's not a Shelby, nor is it a Mach, etc....it's so unique that the personal experience of owning a GT/CS transcends the age difference.

Each model, whether early or late, has the same "feeling" while driving one, and it continues to be a curiosity (no matter how many people we tell).

I like the combined new and original mix here. I'm all for it.

Paul N.

Dougxox

I agree with most of the consensus of the thread, keep the two together. I am an owner of an 07, but enjoy reading about the older models too.
To expedite my time, I use the "new posts" instead of browsing each discussion heading. What I would fine helpfull if you could do different colors to distinguish the old model threads from the new model threads. I read both but at times I like to stick to one or the other and I feel this would be helpfull. Just JMOH. Keep up the good work, I love this site.

OUR P51

Paul, Jon, Early and Late Model GT/CS and HCS owners,

I stumbled on this website by accident. Since then I have learned much about the early models including that the HCS exists, and the answer to a long standing question I had. What taillights were used on the '68s? Now I know the answers to my questions because of this site.

I am very blessed to own a beautiful fast, great handling 2007 Black GT/CS Convertible. Yes there is definitely a "feeling" to owning a low number (thanks for the answer to that burning question Paul!) production car that most people don't know much about.

I get a lot of positive feedback and have heard from onlookers when I pull into the local car shows here in Phoenix - "That's a nice Mustang", even when I'm pulling in with my other "Mustang Family" Wild West Mustangs members! Car show on lookers - "That must be the Mustang Club!"

People know these cars are different, yet most people don't know why. As mentioned this site has answered my questions on the early GT/CSs & educated me about many more interesting facts, and taught me about the HCS. I have yet to see one "in real."

This site has also answered many questions I have of the '07 and now '08 and '09 GT/CSs also. So I vote to keep them on the same site as I consider you all my GT/CS family. I found this site the night before the 40th Anniversary at Galpin, at 11 pm. Just was too tired to make the trip on 3 hours sleep, and didn't want to crash my new GT/CS 'vert on the way there or back. And I'll always wish I was there to celebrate with those of you who went.

I do have to say and not to offend anyone, that when I read that one had to pre-register (had I known about it in time to do that I would have and come out there w/ my wife and daughter) and there were only 25 parking spaces available, I wondered if I would be welcome as a last minute newcomer and if there would be parking available. I kept reading and learned I would have been welcomed and space would have been made.

I went to bed exhausted for several reasons and had to console myself for not making the trip out by taking a "cruise" the morning of the 40th, with 3 other members of Wild West Mustangs. That road trip was the most fun I've ever had playing cars. 5000 to 6000 rpm in second gear was the "Happy Zone" and the four of us guys had a memorable time, each in his own "horse". What I know now is that my GT/CS is really good on the beautiful hilly and twisty scenic Arizona roads.

My Dad showed me my very first Mustang, a dark green ' 65(?) GT coupe out in front of the Post Exchange in Augsburg, then West Germany. He was an American High School teacher. I was around 5 years old. He wanted to buy it but my Mom talked him out of it...American car parts are hard to find in Germany, etc. He always regretted not buying one. Before he passed away of cancer in 1989, (I was 30) Dad said, "Go out and make memories, they can't take those away from you." That was some of the best advice he gave me to take with me on my journey through life. I bought this car partly for him too, and sometimes I can almost sense him in the passenger seat, if that makes any sense.

Most recently my wife and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary (only the two of us!) by taking a day trip to Jerome, on scenic 89A. We had a great time driving up to 89A and then we got to the twisties. Within a few curves my wife was laughing and having a blast. So was I! Doubley(sp?) so because she was enjoying the way our GT/CS was performing , just as much as I was! So on we went grinning from ear to ear! My wife said "I'm having a blast!"

We stopped for lunch in Jerome and walked around a bit to check out this town that reminded me of the towns nestled into the sides of the European Alps. We finished having lunch in Jerome and drove down the rest of the mountain. We got down into the construction around Clarkdale, my wife said "Babe, I just want to turn around and go back up the mountain, this is so much fun!" So we did, the hill climb back up was even more fun than going down!

Maybe because dropping the top adds "X" lbs. to the rear of the car and that helps to balance it out(?), the car seems to be set up for fast mountain touring. I'm sure the traction control helps too.

When we got closer to Prescott my wife was on her mobile phone telling our son, daughters and her sisters how much fun we were having in our GT/CS!
We had dinner in Prescott, dessert in the Rock Springs Cafe, and when we got back home and pulled into the garage my wife said "Babe, I will always remember this day!" I said "So will I, and this is why we bought this car, our "date" car! And there will be many more memories like this to come."

The bottom line is this. Keep the new and the old together on this site and yes it seems a good idea to have different colored titles to let people know what posts regard the early GT/CS & HCS and what are for the new. I can only speak for myself, and I don't want to be separated from the pedigree/heritage/legacy that you Early GT/CS and HCS owners have created and restored/preserved with your cars.

As an '07 GT/CS owner I can attest to the (for want of a better word) "different" feeling I get knowing that I drive one of only 7,653 '07s. And how many of those are convertibles? How many of those are black? People look at the body work and wonder many things. Very few know that it came from Ford like this, "right off the showroom floor".

I also enjoy answering questions about this car and it's 40 year heritage, at least what I know about it. I can also understand why new owners want to make their car look more like the '68s. I'll have to wait for Paul's kit to come out before I venture down that road, if at all. I like the way mine looks just the way it is. Understated aggressive elegance? I've learned a lot about my car from this site.

When I went to register my car I found the same, that the registry is for the '68s. And I was happy to learn through reading the through the posts at lunch or a quick break that we can send our info to Paul. And be included in his new book! How cool is that?

In my opinion there will be people that don't know about this website that own these cars. Some will come across it like I did, others will hear about it through us. Others will find it through links, and once you have the new look in place the new GT/CS owners will easily see there is something here for them too, even if they don't know what the '68s have to do with their car's heritage. They could still chose to read about that on this site if they want to, and so can the '68 owners learn about the new GT/CSs. Some of you even have one of each! Awesome! Sounds like a win win to me.

I also have a 40 Year Anniversary T-Shirt through this site, "Thanks Ron!" and can chose to buy other GT/CS wear if I want, because of the links you all include on your posts. I have checked out some of your galleries too.
I would love to have more time to enjoy this site. As it is I check it one or more times daily to see what is being discussed. I always read Paul's posts first. Then I can check the posts regarding new GT/CSs or check out the posts on interesting info on the '68s. I don't have time to go searching the web for info, and even less time to post. This is the first site I've ever posted on. Because you all asked for info I felt I could contribute to, so we can move this site forward in a positive manner. This post alone has prompted posts from others that don't post often either...when that happens you know you are on to something, and the people posting are passionate about this topic and their cars.

Tonight I've learned that Jon is our administrator, owns an HCS and since you are in Phoenix, Jon, if you have the chance to come out to 91st Ave. and Northern, NE corner every Friday Wild West Mustangs hosts a car show that is open to all cars. I'd love to see yours there -it'll be the first one I've ever seen, and we can discuss more than what I can write here. I'll be there tonight.

This was a long reply, and I should have gone to bed 4 hours ago...have to get up at 5 am, yet I had to read all the replys and then had the above to add to it. I will continue to share my ideas and appreciate you asking for and welcoming them.

Thank you all,

case12

Mark - I think you speak for all of us - our experiences may be slightly different - but, our enthusiasm, love, and enjoyment of our "Specials" is indeed special! In Mustang lingo, we are a unique "breed", and I am just as proud of both the late models and the early models - heritage, and it's carrrying on, makes us all proud. Thanks for your comments - they resonated with me well. Casey

Mustanger

Welcome to the site, Mark!!! ... It's always great to have another Cal Special fan join our site, and we welcome the classic '68s as well as the new generation '07-'08s ... welcome aboard :thumb: ...

hotrodgrany

Paul, Jon, Early and Late Model GT/CS and HCS owners,

I stumbled on this website by accident. Since then I have learned much about the early models including that the HCS exists, and the answer to a long standing question I had. What taillights were used on the '68s? Now I know the answers to my questions because of this site.

I am very blessed to own a beautiful fast, great handling 2007 Black GT/CS Convertible. Yes there is definitely a "feeling" to owning a low number (thanks for the answer to that burning question Paul!) production car that most people don't know much about.

I get a lot of positive feedback and have heard from onlookers when I pull into the local car shows here in Phoenix - "That's a nice Mustang", even when I'm pulling in with my other "Mustang Family" Wild West Mustangs members! Car show on lookers - "That must be the Mustang Club!"

People know these cars are different, yet most people don't know why. As mentioned this site has answered my questions on the early GT/CSs & educated me about many more interesting facts, and taught me about the HCS. I have yet to see one "in real."

This site has also answered many questions I have of the '07 and now '08 and '09 GT/CSs also. So I vote to keep them on the same site as I consider you all my GT/CS family. I found this site the night before the 40th Anniversary at Galpin, at 11 pm. Just was too tired to make the trip on 3 hours sleep, and didn't want to crash my new GT/CS 'vert on the way there or back. And I'll always wish I was there to celebrate with those of you who went.

I do have to say and not to offend anyone, that when I read that one had to pre-register (had I known about it in time to do that I would have and come out there w/ my wife and daughter) and there were only 25 parking spaces available, I wondered if I would be welcome as a last minute newcomer and if there would be parking available. I kept reading and learned I would have been welcomed and space would have been made.

I went to bed exhausted for several reasons and had to console myself for not making the trip out by taking a "cruise" the morning of the 40th, with 3 other members of Wild West Mustangs. That road trip was the most fun I've ever had playing cars. 5000 to 6000 rpm in second gear was the "Happy Zone" and the four of us guys had a memorable time, each in his own "horse". What I know now is that my GT/CS is really good on the beautiful hilly and twisty scenic Arizona roads.

My Dad showed me my very first Mustang, a dark green ' 65(?) GT coupe out in front of the Post Exchange in Augsburg, then West Germany. He was an American High School teacher. I was around 5 years old. He wanted to buy it but my Mom talked him out of it...American car parts are hard to find in Germany, etc. He always regretted not buying one. Before he passed away of cancer in 1989, (I was 30) Dad said, "Go out and make memories, they can't take those away from you." That was some of the best advice he gave me to take with me on my journey through life. I bought this car partly for him too, and sometimes I can almost sense him in the passenger seat, if that makes any sense.

Most recently my wife and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary (only the two of us!) by taking a day trip to Jerome, on scenic 89A. We had a great time driving up to 89A and then we got to the twisties. Within a few curves my wife was laughing and having a blast. So was I! Doubley(sp?) so because she was enjoying the way our GT/CS was performing , just as much as I was! So on we went grinning from ear to ear! My wife said "I'm having a blast!"

We stopped for lunch in Jerome and walked around a bit to check out this town that reminded me of the towns nestled into the sides of the European Alps. We finished having lunch in Jerome and drove down the rest of the mountain. We got down into the construction around Clarkdale, my wife said "Babe, I just want to turn around and go back up the mountain, this is so much fun!" So we did, the hill climb back up was even more fun than going down!

Maybe because dropping the top adds "X" lbs. to the rear of the car and that helps to balance it out(?), the car seems to be set up for fast mountain touring. I'm sure the traction control helps too.

When we got closer to Prescott my wife was on her mobile phone telling our son, daughters and her sisters how much fun we were having in our GT/CS!
We had dinner in Prescott, dessert in the Rock Springs Cafe, and when we got back home and pulled into the garage my wife said "Babe, I will always remember this day!" I said "So will I, and this is why we bought this car, our "date" car! And there will be many more memories like this to come."

The bottom line is this. Keep the new and the old together on this site and yes it seems a good idea to have different colored titles to let people know what posts regard the early GT/CS & HCS and what are for the new. I can only speak for myself, and I don't want to be separated from the pedigree/heritage/legacy that you Early GT/CS and HCS owners have created and restored/preserved with your cars.

As an '07 GT/CS owner I can attest to the (for want of a better word) "different" feeling I get knowing that I drive one of only 7,653 '07s. And how many of those are convertibles? How many of those are black? People look at the body work and wonder many things. Very few know that it came from Ford like this, "right off the showroom floor".

I also enjoy answering questions about this car and it's 40 year heritage, at least what I know about it. I can also understand why new owners want to make their car look more like the '68s. I'll have to wait for Paul's kit to come out before I venture down that road, if at all. I like the way mine looks just the way it is. Understated aggressive elegance? I've learned a lot about my car from this site.

When I went to register my car I found the same, that the registry is for the '68s. And I was happy to learn through reading the through the posts at lunch or a quick break that we can send our info to Paul. And be included in his new book! How cool is that?

In my opinion there will be people that don't know about this website that own these cars. Some will come across it like I did, others will hear about it through us. Others will find it through links, and once you have the new look in place the new GT/CS owners will easily see there is something here for them too, even if they don't know what the '68s have to do with their car's heritage. They could still chose to read about that on this site if they want to, and so can the '68 owners learn about the new GT/CSs. Some of you even have one of each! Awesome! Sounds like a win win to me.

I also have a 40 Year Anniversary T-Shirt through this site, "Thanks Ron!" and can chose to buy other GT/CS wear if I want, because of the links you all include on your posts. I have checked out some of your galleries too.
I would love to have more time to enjoy this site. As it is I check it one or more times daily to see what is being discussed. I always read Paul's posts first. Then I can check the posts regarding new GT/CSs or check out the posts on interesting info on the '68s. I don't have time to go searching the web for info, and even less time to post. This is the first site I've ever posted on. Because you all asked for info I felt I could contribute to, so we can move this site forward in a positive manner. This post alone has prompted posts from others that don't post often either...when that happens you know you are on to something, and the people posting are passionate about this topic and their cars.

Tonight I've learned that Jon is our administrator, owns an HCS and since you are in Phoenix, Jon, if you have the chance to come out to 91st Ave. and Northern, NE corner every Friday Wild West Mustangs hosts a car show that is open to all cars. I'd love to see yours there -it'll be the first one I've ever seen, and we can discuss more than what I can write here. I'll be there tonight.

This was a long reply, and I should have gone to bed 4 hours ago...have to get up at 5 am, yet I had to read all the replys and then had the above to add to it. I will continue to share my ideas and appreciate you asking for and welcoming them.

Thank you all,

Just to let you know that I and my husband feel the same and enjoy my 07 GT/CS to the fullest. I have been in this area years back and the experiance you are refering to is like no other and memories that last a life time. Thanks for sharing this.

Aussie67

Why Seperate

I am bit of a sleeper on this site, but I would not like to see it seperated. I really enjoy the old and new aspect of the site.

I understand your point, and it could be quite valid, regarding attracting new members, so if you think it would help then why not just split the forums to early and late model, at least that way you get the best of both worlds..........