• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. How not to drag race

joedls

I went to a private track day today and performed very poorly. The track was prepped amazingly well. I hooked so well I was bogging my car. I had a really hard time shifting today for some reason. Just a bad day, I guess. Still had a blast though.

Here's a an on-car video from my worst run. You can hear the car bogging from the launch, then you can hear the engine bouncing off the rev-limiter when I miss the 1-2 shift. Then again when I miss the 2-3.

The video is kinda cool, though.

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/joedls/?action=view&current=Fontanarunvscobra.flv

Last edited:

rvrtrash

Nice! We all have days like that. You'll do better next time. (Typical dad talk)

Dad

robert campbell

WAY COOL!! I never experinced any "too much traction" days with my old Mustangs on the track. My brother had a 327 powered, 4 speed, 67 Camero that he took to the track a few times. Ran it on street tires and it turned 14 flats with 3:08 gears. Almost no need for 4th gear. We got a set of 4.88's and some 9 inch slicks. He spun a bunch on the street tires, so I set him at about 10 pound of tire pressure in the slicks......

Big time bog! Kept playing with more air pressure until he could turn them a bit and got him down to the mid-13's.

I LOVE THE WHINE!! Can't wait to start "whining" myself!
Me and MSD are not talking these days. Long story....

Rob

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

That was a 5000 RPM launch. I didn't spray the nitrous until second gear. My best run of the day was a 12.1. That is way off my best times. I launched at 5700 RPM on that run and still bogged.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Here's a photograph someone took yesterday.

_MG_7099.jpg

CALIF GIRL

Loved the video Joe...we all have bad days...but I am sure you still had fun and that's what it is all abouty

GTCS07

Nice Joe! Love that pic and the video. Glad to see you got into the 11's. Mine is still garaged for the winter.