• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hot August Nights

rananim

Anybody going to Reno next week for Hot August Nights? My car is scheduled to "roll on" at 7:30 PM, Lot #782. I guess we will find out if prices have been affected by the recession, falling dollar, etc.

Sven (Rananim)

aemoo28

Are you selling?

(Sorry, I'm still learning about this early CS stuff. I read the prior posts concerning this show.)

Last edited:

HappyHour

Wow thats quite a bit for non-GT C code. Adding all the dual quad and Shelby components shifter, steering wheel etc makes it "pop". There was one bidder?

Very clean. These guys had a red J code sometime ago that languised for some time at their price point.

nates68

Sven, I Go To Hot Aug Nights But Not To Sell, Look For My Black
Gt/cs @ Peppermill On Tues, Nugget On Thurs, Grand Sieria On Fri,
Sparks Victorion Square On Sat. Hope I Make The Swap Meet .
I Won 2yrs Ago. Lots Of Shows All Week. Good Luck On Selling Your Car Great Place To Sell. If You Find The Time Try To Look Me Up
@ One Of These Shows.

Nates68

OP
OP
R

rananim

Nates68

Nate,
It doesn't look like our paths are likely to cross. We will be registering the car on Wednesday and retreat to Mammoth and return Saturday. I will likely be there all that day to answer questions, etc. I have been to HAN a number of times since 1998 and am a little burned out on the crowds. It is a "must experience" for those who have not been there, and the swap meet is a great place to find parts if you are restoring.
One last thing: If anyone wants to make money on old cars, buy them finished and sell in a couple of years. DO NOT restore, thinking you will make money - let some other schmuck do all the work! I'm glad I did my car for the fun of it.
Sven