• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Hood Stripes

franklinair

I've decided to add hood stripes on my C/S. Does anyone have measurements and/or good photos showing details?

Neil

robert campbell

Neil,
What time is it!!! It be 9:30 here big guy!! I can measure mine. It is a blinker hood. Is yours?

Rob

Midnight Special

Neil, I remembered this from a "way back" post.

Is this what you're after?

Attachments

• attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 52

Doug

As I've always said this is whats great about this site - it's people helping people without looking for anything in return... Doug

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

That's the width dimension I need. Does anyone have a photo of the turn signal bezel in the hood, so I can see how/where to mask it for painting?
(Rob - you 'coasties' are 3 hours behind EDT!!)
Thanks guys.

Neil

robert campbell

Neil,
So when I saw you post it was 12:30 am your time.... Way past my bedtime!!

My hood is off and I will take a pic. But mine is a repaint and may not be correct. But I bet someone on the site knows. We will all learn!

Rob

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Rob-
Maybe I phrased that time thing wrong:rolleyes:.
12:30 AM here is 9:30 PM your time. Does that mean you're 3 hours ahead or behind??

I've seen some cars that the entire hood light bezel was painted black, but that's incorrect. I think the black originates inside the bezel.

Neil

CALIF GIRL

The inside of the bezel is painted. The turn signal indicator is not. The stripes go over the cowl to the end of the hood.

DSCN2875.jpg

DSCN2877.jpg

DSCN2874.jpg

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

That's exactly what I needed to see. THANK YOU!!
Now I got it:
1.) Stripes are 13" wide
2.) Originates inside the hood bezel
3.) Hood turn signal grille portion Argent or Body color???
4.) Distance of Hood stripes 4" O/B of hood peak (+/- 1/16")

When I get it done, I'll post photos.

Neil

robert campbell

OOOppps. As I suspected mine are wrong. I painted the blinker grill also.....

California Girl,
Did you clear coat over yours? Yours are very glossy! I never liked mine. I painted them a bit "flat" as I was told that was correct. Never liked it. They always looked dull.

My new "faux" stripes on my fiberglass hood are gloss and sealed in clear coat.

Crap, now the black vinyl top looks dull!!! Where does it stop!!!

Yes Neil! Us "right" coast people are behind you 3 hours! Midnight is way past my bedtime!!

Rob

CALIF GIRL

Yes, I intentionally went with gloss. I do not like the flat black. The flat is correct, but I figured it is my car and I needed to like what I did with it, and it is easily fixed with a small repaint.

robert campbell

I like the look. Beautiful car!

Yes, I intentionally went with gloss. I do not like the flat black. The flat is correct, but I figured it is my car and I needed to like what I did with it, and it is easily fixed with a small repaint.