• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 White hood stripes?

390gtmustang

68 GTCS alcapulco blue with white side stripes , just thinking how it will look like adding white hood stripes. Is there such a thing? what do guys think? Yay or Nay?

Last edited:

6t8-390gt

Only s/g black were available from the factory; but I think it would look good. Personally, if I were to do it (in white) I would do it like the factory. From the turn signals back to the cowl. I don't like LeMans stripes on anything but an early Shelby.

Danny

AADaddy

I say do it as Danny described. That is all I have seen on a GT/CS. I read somewhere that it was an option. When I get my car repainted at the end of restoration I was thinking of doing the hood stripes as well. My car is supposed to be Presidential Blue which I think would look great with that white set of stripes on the hood.

Ruppstang

I say do it as Danny described. That is all I have seen on a GT/CS. I read somewhere that it was an option. When I get my car repainted at the end of restoration I was thinking of doing the hood stripes as well. My car is supposed to be Presidential Blue which I think would look great with that white set of stripes on the hood.

White would look great on presidential blue. Black was the only color that available originally. It would show up on your door tag under color as a 5. In your case it would be X5.
Marty

OP
OP
390gtmustang

390gtmustang

Only s/g black were available from the factory; but I think it would look good. Personally, if I were to do it (in white) I would do it like the factory. From the turn signals back to the cowl. I don't like LeMans stripes on anything but an early Shelby.

Danny

Thats what I was thinking of doing. Anybody good in photoshop ? Can give me a sample of a acapulco blue with white hood stripes. Anyone???
Thanks in advance

dalorzo_f

Agree its a good look.

Going to add black to the Wimbledon White... with the black vinyl roof and black side/rear stripes should tie in really well.

And agree that the LeMans on-the-roof just don't look right on a hardtop....

Last edited:
OP
OP
390gtmustang

390gtmustang

Agree its good look.

Going to add black to the Wimbledon White... with the black vinyl roof and black side/rear stripes should tie in really well.

And agree that the LeMans on-the-roof just don't look right on a hardtop....

heres my 68 390GT Pebble beige almost done

Attachments

• cspost1.jpg
    cspost1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 38
  • cs2.jpg
    cs2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 41

nfrntau

I like my stripes a lot. I get a lot of compliments regarding same.
Depends on what extent you want stripes. It took me a long time to decide yes or no and I'm glad I went with yes.
Good luck in your choice.

Attachments

• GTCS.JPG
    GTCS.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 36

Mustanger

heres another picture
I like your stripes, I was wondering which paint (ie, manf, paint number) did you use, and is it the correct sheen finish (ie, degree of gloss or flatness/matte)? I know that later Ford had a similar color stripe on the Mach 1 hoods but those stripes had a little texture on them ...

OP
OP
390gtmustang

390gtmustang

I like your stripes, I was wondering which paint (ie, manf, paint number) did you use, and is it the correct sheen finish (ie, degree of gloss or flatness/matte)? I know that later Ford had a similar color stripe on the Mach 1 hoods but those stripes had a little texture on them ...

Thanks Mustanger, My painter used paint called "Hot Rod Black" But heres the one from ford

Attachments

• 68_Hood_Stripes-CS.jpg
    68_Hood_Stripes-CS.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 34