• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hertz Shelby - maybe off topic

gt bandit

Hey - just been stateside on business and i got to rent a Hertz Shelby for a few days in LA.

What a Blast - not many places you can rent a 325hp mustang.

Had it hooked up doing 90mph going down Sunset Blvd all the way to the PCH (pacific coast highway)- then flat out until we reached Santa Monica beach.

A smooth ride with the Neddie's to punch you back in your seat.

Pity you cant get them in OZ -:cool: :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1908web.jpg
    IMG_1908web.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1909web.jpg
    IMG_1909web.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

p51

390cs68rcode said:
the Hertz Shelby only has 325 HP.
You forgot to factor in the OZ/US exchange rate @ ~1.35x.
So 325HP(US) ~= 450HP(Aus). That's why it feels like you go so much faster when you're driving downunder :grin:

Mustanglvr

:eek: Shaun, I don`t think the speed limit on Sunset Blvd. is 90 mph. :icon_bore :wink: :grin: :thumb:

Mustanger

Mustanglvr said:
:eek: Shaun, I don`t think the speed limit on Sunset Blvd. is 90 mph. :icon_bore :wink: :grin: :thumb:

... maybe he's used to kilometers ...

hcsstang

Did anybody catch the story where a guy rented a H Shelby and attented a show in Pa. and got best of show . While going home he hit a deer in Pa.

Mustanger

hcsstang said:
Did anybody catch the story where a guy rented a H Shelby and attented a show in Pa. and got best of show . While going home he hit a deer in Pa.

... yeah, it's on pg 16 of Mustang Monthly's Sept issue ... funny how it was car S/N 13, but, I dunno, maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem very kosher to rent a car and go to a car show and then win all the awards (won his class and "Best in Show") ... hmmm ...

Mustanger

So Cal Car Show/Swap Meet

gt bandit said:
Hey - just been stateside on business and i got to rent a Hertz Shelby for a few days in LA.

What a Blast - not many places you can rent a 325hp mustang.

Had it hooked up doing 90mph going down Sunset Blvd all the way to the PCH (pacific coast highway)- then flat out until we reached Santa Monica beach.

A smooth ride with the Neddie's to punch you back in your seat.

Pity you cant get them in OZ -:cool: :cool: :cool:

Shaun,

If you're still in the So Cal area, this Sunday at the Pomona FairGrounds:

http://www.pomonaswapmeet.com/

It's really big and it starts very early (5 a.m. to 2 p.m.) ... check it out ...

68gt390

Shaun;
Look for my reply to your break question earlier when you get back. Not to say anything really bad about the Hertz Shelby but, you've got a 428 sitting in your CS and your impressed with the Hertz Shelby? I ran into one here in Columbus last week on my way home and he actually thought he had something for me (yes, I was in the CS). Needless to say I played with him just to see how much he really wanted to run. Didn't last long. For some reason, I've been coming up against a few Late Model GM products - Camero and Firebirds who for what ever reason think they have a really bad ride the past few weeks. I'm still laughing my ass off. I thought my 390 was fast, it really doesn't compare to my 428CJ. Enough said. She gets dynoed hopefully in the next few weeks.

Don :grin:

Last edited:

joedls

I haven't run into any Hertz cars, but I've smoked a couple of late-model Mustang GTs with my slightly modified small block. In fact, my brother was driving my car back from the Northern California GT/CS BBQ when one came up beside him and gave him the thumbs-up. He then punched it for a litte ways and waited for my brother to get alongside him. Then they both punched it and my brother left him in the dust. He slowed down and the late-model Mustang came up alonside him again. Only this time he gave him two thumbs-up. I love that car!!!

Diesel Donna

Mustanger said:
Shaun,

If you're still in the So Cal area, this Sunday at the Pomona FairGrounds:

http://www.pomonaswapmeet.com/

It's really big and it starts very early (5 a.m. to 2 p.m.) ... check it out ...

I'll be there Mustanger......I plan on going to the Corn Feed Run in Chino at the City Hall tomorrow morning, then just take the car (ambulance) over to Pomona Saturday night and sleep in it...get up at dark thirty with the flashlight and start combing through all the neat stuff! :grin:

~~~~Donna

68gt390

Joe;
You and I both know, your gonna give-um a run for their money and then some. That's a given. I doubt if the new Hertz Shelby even has anything for you.

joedls

68gt390 said:
Joe;
You and I both know, your gonna give-um a run for their money and then some. That's a given. I doubt if the new Hertz Shelby even has anything for you.

I think I'll have a better chance once I install the exhaust system I just ordered. Right now I'm running stock manifolds and 1 7/8" pipes. I just ordered a set of Doug's headers and 2 1/2" Maganaflow system. The car should breathe a little better once it's installed.

J_Speegle

Rented one for the week a couple weeks back while back east attending a show.

A few impressions

1. not much torque or bottom end when compared to the older stuff

2. Gets allot of attention. People are always looking or taking pictures but this will likely wear off in 6-8 months like it did in the 60's.

3. Of course that attention brings with it every ricer and racer want-ta-be for miles when driving down the road.

4. Ride is very harsh for a factory car... but not unexpected. Just tirering.

5. Car pushes allot in hard, at speed, turns.

6. Upper seat belt mounts do not adjust and the consol is wide enough to ride on many peoples right knee

Bottom line... glad I rented one. But would not buy one.

PS ... faster than at least one Viper.
And thought it would be interesting to add my name to the car somewhere it would not be easy to find.... Some owner in the future might get a chuckle.

Mustanger

Diesel Donna said:
I'll be there Mustanger......I plan on going to the Corn Feed Run in Chino at the City Hall tomorrow morning, then just take the car (ambulance) over to Pomona Saturday night and sleep in it...get up at dark thirty with the flashlight and start combing through all the neat stuff! :grin:

~~~~Donna

... There's a good chance I may be able to be there also ...

Diesel Donna

joedls said:
I haven't run into any Hertz cars, but I've smoked a couple of late-model Mustang GTs with my slightly modified small block. In fact, my brother was driving my car back from the Northern California GT/CS BBQ when one came up beside him and gave him the thumbs-up. He then punched it for a litte ways and waited for my brother to get alongside him. Then they both punched it and my brother left him in the dust. He slowed down and the late-model Mustang came up alonside him again. Only this time he gave him two thumbs-up. I love that car!!!

Joe....if your brother was driving the CS...what were you driving? Hee hee hee.....I KNOW you weren't riding shotgun. DO tell!!! :wink: :kiss:
(He's gonna kill me now)