• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Heated Freeze out plug?

Sarge

Hi all. I am replacing the freeze out plugs on my 302, and since the car was originally from a Canadian DSO, it had the heater block option. Does anyone know where I can get a new heated freeze plug? I don't necessarily need the cord, as long as the new freeze plug uses the same type.

Thanks in advance,
Robert

stangfan

Was a block heater a Ford option back in 68? My GT/CS is a San Francisco car, but I've had three 67-68 Mustangs from up here and none of them had a block heater.:confused:

gazrox

I cant vouch for '68 models but I do know that my '67 came from the factory with the block heater option. Listed as an immersion heater on the Marti report.

OP
OP
Sarge

Sarge

Yep, Arlie that will work. I did stumble across Kat's site, but I didn't see the one that said "Mustang specific" as this one did. I'm sure it fits a lot of other engines, but pretty positive it will fit a 302.

Thanks,

Robert