• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS - Soup to nuts restoration?

68gt390

Take a look at this one on ebay. Check out the price? Kinda makes me wonder, they state the car has been throgh a "Soup to Nuts restoration". Check out the grille on the car? Not "Soup to Nuts" to me. For that kinda money for a small block you would at least think they'd put the right grille in it. I'd almost bet if you asked, he'd be willing to sell you some beach front propety some where in Nevada.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4500269090

Don ???

carvensno

well it does state that the horse on the grill was added on as the wheels also. does seem a little steep on the price tho, i bet if you check in a week there will prob. be no bids on it and he need to lower the price. ???

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

[quote author=1 GT/CS link=board=1;threadid=1162;start=0#msg6403 date=1099804205]
well it does state that the horse on the grill was added on as the wheels also. does seem a little steep on the price tho, i bet if you check in a week there will prob. be no bids on it and he need to lower the price. ???
[/quote]

Ok, that's fine but, if I were going to pay that kinda money for a "True GT/CS" I would at least want the correct grille in it. Other wise buy a clone and pay a lot less for it. If you invest that type of money to restore a car at least keep it original.

Don ???

carvensno

yes i do agree with you 68gt390 on that, but like i said before also, that the car is a bit pricey for not really having alot of options, the way he describes the car, it sounds pretty basic, for almost 30k$

hookedtrout

Short of the grill it looks to be in pretty darn good shape. Think he'd trade me and let me keep my grill and lights? Save me a lot on restoration costs. ;D

Has anyone questioned him on the grill? Be interesting to see what he has to say about it. Front end collision? The lights look to be sitting to low to me as well?

Hook

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Hook;

I sent this person an email with those very questions but, have yet to receive a reply. Will be interesting to see if I even get one.

Don

hookedtrout

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1162;start=0#msg6414 date=1099850215]
Hook;

I sent this person an email with those very questions but, have yet to receive a reply. Will be interesting to see if I even get one.

Don
[/quote]

Let me know what he says, I'd be interested to hear.

Hook

CALIF GIRL

I noticed the driver side rear quarter panel has the california special script wrong also...alot of money for a car with the wrong grill and script in the wrong place

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=1162;start=0#msg6418 date=1099877342]
[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1162;start=0#msg6414 date=1099850215]
Hook;

Don
[/quote]

Let me know what he says, I'd be interested to hear.

Hook
[/quote]

Hook; Got a reply from the person offering the GT/CS for $29,499. This was the reply I received:

"Listen, the running horse emblem was added to the grill of late and can be removed in about 20 minutes. If a certified appraisal, original bill of sale, forthcoming marti report and images are not enough to convince you, I'm not going to waste my time trying to. Get a grip."

I love the way he states a "forthcoming marti report". I would have thought he already had one for that kinda money. Instead of me getting a grip, I think he needs to get real on the price. I might consider it if it were a big block or somthing special but, for a small block.
Hey I wish him the best in selling the car. If it sells for that kinda of money thats great, it just moves the bar up on mine since it does have a big block and the GT package.

Don 8)

carvensno

darn, only 12 hours left on the e-bay and 0 bids :'(
damn im good at calling this one :p ;D LOL

007bluto

Love this guys arrogance. Soup to nuts? Maybe what he means is he has soup for brains, and your nuts if you buy his car. If it truly was a soup to nuts restoration, wouldnt he have restored it to its original state? Wouldnt the script have fit into the original punched holes? Maybe the Wheels and the horse are not the add ons. Maybe Its a clone and the true add ons are the GT/CS parts????!!!!!! I think that Jon should start a STONED or STUPID section in the gallery, we could put all the garbage clones, and the pictures of crap restorations that appear on ebay. Oh one more thing "Forthcoming Marti Report," maybe this guy should have skipped spending money on the "horse emblem" and used it to get a report. Bluto.... ;D

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Well folks, auction has ended with you guessed it "0" bids. Will be interesting to see if he list the car again in the future.

Don ::)

Glen Yates

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1162;start=0#msg6440 date=1100051612]
Well folks, auction has ended with you guessed it "0" bids. Will be interesting to see if he list the car again in the future.

[/quote]

Looks like he didn't wait! It's back out there with the same price on it! Guess some people don't give up! :eek:

007bluto

If you notice, he's set the bid to a whoppin $28,500. thats $999. dollars cheeper than last time!!! What a deal, I'll take two at that price............NOT!!!!!! Bluto

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

[quote author=CALIF GIRL link=board=1;threadid=1162;start=0#msg6423 date=1099940113]
I noticed the driver side rear quarter panel has the california special script wrong also...alot of money for a car with the wrong grill and script in the wrong place
[/quote]

That was a good catch. It even made me check the script on my car and low and behold, mine is also incorrect on the drivers side rear quarter. :'( The drivers side rear quarter was replaced back in 97. This may be an area to watch real close if your body shop is replacing the quarters on the car. It's too late for me to change mine now but, I will keep it in mind if I ever have to do some repair to that side. Some folks may question the authenticity of the car but, at least I've got the Marti Report and everything else on the car matches up.

The car is listed on ebay again and I don't think this person even knows the script is incorrectly placed. I really hate to keep busting this guys ball's. He really wasn't too happy with my last email about the grille and lights.

Don

hookedtrout

Amazing how arrogant some people are. You think he would politely answer the questions when talking to a potential buyer. But then they say defensive reactions are typically for an underlying reason.

Hook

nfrntau

Hey Y'all, I couldn't help getting in on this one.
I asked the guy the question about the script. I don't know about any of you but my money is with the team that says he will be VERY dissapointed when he gets that Marti report. (if in fact it is ordered)
This is his response to me.
"The car is acapulco blue, and that is what it also says on the original bill of sale. The script being incorrectly placed is news to me. If you want to know what items were replaced, you really only need to look at the ad...it's all listed right there. There car has been in an accident but the fender in question was not involved, but rather the driver door and front-right fender. The marti report has been ordered and should be forthcoming, but there won't be much info on it that there isn't already found on the bill of sale. Thanks for the interest... "
Have a wonderful weekend all

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Hey guys, look at my original link. He's dropped the price to $20,000 now. I to sent him another message on the car and have received nothing. Guess he's finally coming down to earth. Looks like his diamond has become a rock.

Don 8)

carvensno

68gt390, the link to e-bay just put you at the ending bid of the CS, from the first time ???