• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS Mustang Illustrated May 2000

Mosesatm

Another GT/CS article

Attachments

• 2000 May Must Ill Cover Small.jpg
    2000 May Must Ill Cover Small.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 2000 May Must Ill Page 1 Small.jpg
    2000 May Must Ill Page 1 Small.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 2000 May Must Ill Page 2 Small.jpg
    2000 May Must Ill Page 2 Small.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 41

Midnight Special

...Once again Arlie - an outstanding job collecting all these articles! I would now be inclined to ask Jon to provide a special section w/ all your efforts as one handy PR (history) reference! :)

P

PNewitt

...and maybe include a list of inaccuracies in these articles, too. This one mentions T-Bird "sequential taillights" (a real common mistake), and "chrome" hood locks.

<<sigh>>

I'll have a biblio of all these magazine articles in the book.

Paul N.

GTCSMustang

There's now way that California black plate is correct for a 1968 car. And he has the rear plate on the front of the car. Front plates didn't have the stickers on them with expiration month and year

Scott

Midnight Special

...and maybe include a list of inaccuracies in these articles, too. This one mentions T-Bird "sequential taillights" (a real common mistake), and "chrome" hood locks.

<<sigh>>

I'll have a biblio of all these magazine articles in the book.

Paul N.

...Regardless; I appreciate what Arlie is doing for "today".

'Lots of selfless dedication and generous comittment of his time involved there. The interpretation of those "published" articles are up to the individual readers.

I'm glad to see that so much actually was featured on the GT/CS, HCS and from a wide range of other sources.

Thanks again Arlie

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Thanks, Tim.

Have you ever considered sending your information to one of the magazines? Someone with as many nice cars as you have would be a great subject for an article. Maybe you could get a few shots of the planes in there too.

BroadwayBlue

There's now way that California black plate is correct for a 1968 car. And he has the rear plate on the front of the car. Front plates didn't have the stickers on them with expiration month and year

Scott

Hey Scott,
I'm curious how you knew that plate wasn't correct for a 68 car. Is it the number/letter combination or something?
Thanks!

gtcs1

Hey Scott,
I'm curious how you knew that plate wasn't correct for a 68 car. Is it the number/letter combination or something?
Thanks!

If I may, that letter combination is for a 63 or 64 year. 65 was already into R letter series (My other hobby, plate collecting...) My 68 original black plate GT/CS is W serie letter, car was sold in dec 68.
gtcs1

CALIF GIRL

My original 68 plate is a V series

Attachments

• old plates1.jpg
    old plates1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Midnight Special

Thanks, Tim.

Have you ever considered sending your information to one of the magazines? Someone with as many nice cars as you have would be a great subject for an article. Maybe you could get a few shots of the planes in there too.

...Not real big on my own PR that way, Arlie. People like Bob Teets would be a tough act to follow ;-)

If I had the history, passion and knowledge for concours, and could inspire those types of readers - perhaps, but I only have the numbers as a hobbyist collector. Not much to offer in the "car" world. Our local paper has twice approached me re; their monthly tabloid auto feature. I told 'em to go talk to Mike over in Chicago Park.....Better story there :)

My mainstay has been WWII warbird history and the organization of thematic air shows. 'Had my fill of PR there already ;-)

I do like reading all you share with us, so please keep it up!!!

Last edited:

J_Speegle

............. Front plates didn't have the stickers on them with expiration month and year

Scott

To be exact the rears didn't get the month and year either. During these years only the years were used (all registrations came due at the same time in Calif) and the years (even and odd) were to be attached at different corners. Alternating back and forth