• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Grass Valley CA Mustang show a success

Mosesatm

The guy who bought my clone (in the gallery) was pulled over twice in upper New York state for no reason. One of them admitted that he just wanted to check out the car and the other one made up some lame excuse. I guess police work in that part of the country must be fairly boring.

Midnight Special

...I've had both happen. 'Was pulled over by one cop who was a Ford nut... 'said he thought my carb mixture was too rich & advised how to fix it. Another PD Sargent turned out to be the original owner of my yellow Mach & would pull me over to "check on HIS car". On the freeway, I've been paced alot by cops as well as admirers who sometimes merge in, out & around me w/ camera phones & such. Still, the greatest fun is simply pulling into a gas station or auto parts store...

Indeed Rhonda we too get alot of waves, smiles, honks and good attention. I always respond in kind where possible 'cuz I remember doing that before I had a GT/CS. Never put your nose in the air, EVER! Gotta' be careful tho; one of the items I brief drivers on when we take them to shows is pay close attention to the road & don't get too distracted by (especially opposite sex;-) admirers!

Attachments

• g6.jpg
    g6.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 33

marie68csmustangs

Midnight Special said:
...I've had both happen. 'Was pulled over by one cop who was a Ford nut... 'said he thought my carb mixture was too rich & advised how to fix it. Another PD Sargent turned out to be the original owner of my yellow Mach & would pull me over to "check on HIS car". On the freeway, I've been paced alot by cops as well as admirers who sometimes merge in, out & around me w/ camera phones & such. Still, the greatest fun is simply pulling into a gas station or auto parts store...

Indeed Rhonda we too get alot of waves, smiles, honks and good attention. I always respond in kind where possible 'cuz I remember doing that before I had a GT/CS. Never put your nose in the air, EVER! Gotta' be careful tho; one of the items I brief drivers on when we take them to shows is pay close attention to the road & don't get too distracted by (especially opposite sex;-) admirers!

Yeah, I remember when we went to the store in Auburn and man that Guy could not stop talking... about the special and rambiling on about the Mustang that He had - I think that He had a CA special also... I know that I don't get really any looks in my Saturn because everyone has one.. Now all I need is a CA special then people will start looking at me.. (Maybe I can borrow one of yours Tim... for a week or two :wink: :wink:

BroadwayBlue

Last time I had it out I got 2 beeps and a nod of approval from a motorcyle driver.

The time before that a few thumbs up and an old guy in the gas station that said ... "I bet it goes as fast as it looks! It looks fast just standing still!" :cool:

BroadwayBlue

Lately at shows and cruises I've been hearing the ... "hey that's a California Special ... recently one sold at Barrett-Jackson for ..."

and "There was one on Barrett-Jackson but this is the first one I've ever seen in person"

And another popular around here ... "Don't see many of those on the East Coast!"

OP
OP
S

still looking for one

Midnight Special said:

Not even a '71 Hemi Barracuda convertible could attract attention like that.
Definately a mixed bessing, even with wee heavies around who might draw envy lines with a key... or a brick...

Sounds like it would be hard to travel "under the radar"...

Jim B.

OP
OP
S

still looking for one

Diesel Donna said:
After taking a fast look around for any county mounties, yes I did![/QUOTE
Donna, I think I know why you got called Double D

"County mounties", that sounds glike a CB term CW McCall would use, haven't heard that one for awhile, but you did say you were in the truckin' biz at one time. I used to have one of those CB rigs on my '79 Caddy, they were fun back then, my handle (apologies to Johnny "Guitar" Watson was Another Mutha For Ya" LOL

Jim

Diesel Donna

still looking for one said:
Diesel Donna said:
After taking a fast look around for any county mounties, yes I did![/QUOTE
Donna, I think I know why you got called Double D

"County mounties", that sounds glike a CB term CW McCall would use, haven't heard that one for awhile, but you did say you were in the truckin' biz at one time. I used to have one of those CB rigs on my '79 Caddy, they were fun back then, my handle (apologies to Johnny "Guitar" Watson was Another Mutha For Ya" LOL

Jim

Yes, well the CB handle that got tagged on me 32 years ago was Diesel Donna, the movie star drivin' a diesel car. LOL! Some of the guys shortened it to Double D. So it's just one of a few nick names I had at work driving big rigs. Sometimes my redneckness still comes out when I speak or write.

somethingspecial

This County Mounty doesn't have radar anymore. Don't use it in my neck of the woods, but when I was in Truckee, Ca. we used radar. It's hard to get distracted with the looks of a car speeding at you, because radar units emit a tone indicative of the speed of the object coming at them. The slower you are moving, the lower the tone. The faster, the louder and more high pitch it sounds. Legally, officers are to estimate your speed visually, then turn on the radar. Yeh, RIGHT!!!!!! I would catch them at 90 in a thirty five along Donner Lake, About a five mile fairly straight stretch. I'll admit, attitude is everything when deciding to cite or not. On more than one occasion, I just gave a verbal warning to classic cars. Hell, They are just cleaning out the cobb webs. What's wrong with that. It was the punk kids in their POS cars and driving wreckless, and usually high or drunk that I would come down hard on.
Just enjoy the cops appreciation of the car, and watch your speed, IF YOU CAN. Drive safe and respect the car. Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

still looking for one

Mike, I like your attitude, from the point of view of a civilian motorist. Some traffic enforcement officers are NOT so reasonable, and unfortunately THEY get all the bad press.

I know enough about what they face that I have the utmost respect for them, and if stopped, keep both hands on the steering wheel, interior lights on if stopped at night, and answer respectfully - let THEM request my d/l and insurance first, sometimes they need to conduct the investigation their way.

It's amazing the disrespect they can encounter, when a car stop can be life threatening for them, even though from time to time when younger, got jacked a few times, going 27 in a 25 at UCD etc

Jim

case12

Diesel Donna said:
still looking for one said:
Yes, well the CB handle that got tagged on me 32 years ago was Diesel Donna, the movie star drivin' a diesel car. LOL! Some of the guys shortened it to Double D. So it's just one of a few nick names I had at work driving big rigs. Sometimes my redneckness still comes out when I speak or write.

Yes, I was a CB'r too :icon_pani - 30 years ago, and my handle was "Grizzly" (I think the movie, Grizzly, was big in those days). I still have my QSL card (if anyone knows what that is). I had a Comastat 35, a D104 mic and Moonraker 4's on the roof with a bell house rotor (my parents loved that:icon_no: ). Sorry to take us so far off track from the thread - but its been a long time since I thought about those days. Casey

Mustanglvr

I used to have a homebase and one in my car, when I lived in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I was known as "Garfield" because I drove a 1973 Chevy orange with black interior Camaro. It was jacked up in the back and fast. There`s alot of people who communicate with CB`s, even now.

Diesel Donna

<~~~~~~~Never been bothered or stopped by a police officer in my cars.

A QSL card! Oh my gosh!! LMAO!!!!!!