• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 cs grass valley ca - craigs list

somethingspecial

If this is the one I'm thinking of, it is a clone. The VIN starts with 8T01CXXXXXX. Always ask for a Marti Report. Mike

Midnight Special

Haven't we seen & discussed this same car before?

Neil

...Yes, but I couldn't find the thread...

Mike is correct. This car was shown locally here a few years back, then seemed to disappear. The owner was emphatic it was a real CS despite the Dearborn VIN code. I hate to think he bought it believing it was real, but who knows... 'Hate to think someone else will buy it believing it too.

OP
OP
D

deerrr

Sorry folks! seen this add thought I would share . . . kinda new to this site still.
Will delete it after a few others get the "Warning" I have been the sucker . . .don't want to help thoes that do the Sucking!!!
Wishing one, and all only the best. Richard

franklinair

Richard;
I wouldn't delete this thread- it may be useful for reference in the future.

Neil

Midnight Special

...Ditto that, Richard! Had we not known of this car from before, we all would have good reason to believe the ad as written.
Sharing as you do is good for all of us! Thank you & keep it up!!
:)

On second thought, Richard. I wish the HELL you never posted this thread!!!

Attachments

• DSCN0949.jpg
    DSCN0949.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN0942.jpg
    DSCN0942.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN0950.jpg
    DSCN0950.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 69

Ruppstang

I think Tim is such a good guy that he did not want anyone to be fooled into thinking that this was a real GT-CS that he bought it for TJ just to take it off the market. TJ said he did not mind doing his part, driving it. Marty

OP
OP
D

deerrr

My first car was a 65 coupe . . . his has so much more Class!
Does TJ have a real one as a Project?

Midnight Special

Did you buy this car for your Son?

Richard, He bought it himself and truthfully, I had little to do with it. In addition to watching craigslist (which he does often), TJ overheard a conversation Mike "somethingspecial" and I were having about it, then took it upon himself to check it out. As Renee "PonyGal" and I were wrapping up the July 4th parade in her car, we get a call to meet TJ at a parking lot across town. On the way there, we passed him driving the car!

He was all smiles upon return, followed by the usual teenage "gotta have it now" routine. I then drove it... Nice.... Great handler, good power, seemed very clean and well cared for. Aside from the grille and foglight position, a very convincing clone on the outside! I demanded he have it checked out underneath for rust, repairs etc... but I had no time to do it.

He followed through and I got a call from our "classics" mechanic friend with a hoist who reported it sound. TJ took it from there.........>

To this day, I still have barely seen it! Our big air show starts tomorrow and I have been swamped with details! In the meantime, TJ has put nearly 300 miles on it since Wednesday!

The photos here are from July 4th and our first encounter...

Attachments

• IM003107.JPG
    IM003107.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IM003106.JPG
    IM003106.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IM003108.JPG
    IM003108.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IM003109.JPG
    IM003109.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IM003111.JPG
    IM003111.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
D

deerrr

Sounds like TJ already has more going for him than your average teenager Tim. And I can see the 300mls! He now knows if it had issues, and yes. . . a Very Nice Clone!!!
Have a great Time at the Air-show . . . the P-51 was my first model airplane, and no i don't remember getting high off the fumes. i was 10 so thats my story. I also have to mention I have 2 CS's 1 driver wht/blk, and the red/blk on here. 2-4-1? your 69 mach driver ;`) my bad. I call it networking.
In closing I Wishing only the Best for You, and Yours.
Richard

Diesel Donna

TJ, TJ, ooooh TJ! I do believe he is a clone of Tim!
Do I get a second the motion?? Can I get a hallleluuuuyaaaah? Amen.

Midnight Special

TJ, TJ, ooooh TJ! I do believe he is a clone of Tim!
Do I get a second the motion?? Can I get a hallleluuuuyaaaah? Amen.

HaHaa...Good one DD, but I must disagree! TJ is way sharper than I ever was at his age! Cool cars or not, I could never get the girls like he does :-O

Richard, Yes all of mine are drivers... 'Took the 69 Mach and the '68 S-code to town for an outing with good friends today :)

Attachments

• tj4.jpg
    tj4.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 55
  • tj1.jpg
    tj1.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 45
  • tj2.jpg
    tj2.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 49
  • tj3.jpg
    tj3.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IM001916.jpg
    IM001916.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IM001917.jpg
    IM001917.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IM001921.jpg
    IM001921.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IM001920.jpg
    IM001920.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
D

deerrr

I am so glad to hear that you enjoy all of your cars! I get mine from the bottom of the barrel. They become my daily drivers mec/int I can do. I was tytping about the un-restored Mach. Longer wheel base = smoother ride for my acking back (I blame gravity). "Great Pictures"!!! Looks like a Great Time!