• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Good news / Bad news from the 2011 Recognition Guide

p51

Just got my copy in the mail. Nice book. I would have been satisfied (happier?) with half the book at half the price in half the time. Having said that, I doubt anyone will ever write as detailed a book about a car as this one. Certainly it will go a long way toward getting the GT/CS the recognition it deserves. Glad to have a copy, especially one numbered to go with my VIN.

ari guy

I still havent recieved my book ordered through Paul Newitt, but for any others out there like me, I saw Paul had posted on the SAAC forum that all 'old backorders' had been sent out and that all 'new backorders' were to be sent out today. If I am assuming right, it means after today all the backordered copies are 'in the mail'. So in the next week or so, should be getting my copy. I couldnt wait and ordered one from Branda a couple weeks ago and have about read it word for word cover to cover. Doc

hookedtrout

I believe they are all second edtition. The first edition was probably the one back in the 80's.

stang68cs

I ordered mine at one of the earliest moments. I used to live in MN and my name is Steve, so hopefully not mixed up with Perkchiro!!! I mailed Paul a letter stating that I moved and I did get a couple letters at my new address, but still no books. If he is doing all this by himself, I could see it taking this long to mail. Two years+ to wait, and at this point I really don't care about it anymore...if I get them, I get them. If I don't see something by the end of year...I'll ask for my money back.

Perkchiro

I ordered mine at one of the earliest moments. I used to live in MN and my name is Steve, so hopefully not mixed up with Perkchiro!!! I mailed Paul a letter stating that I moved and I did get a couple letters at my new address, but still no books. If he is doing all this by himself, I could see it taking this long to mail. Two years+ to wait, and at this point I really don't care about it anymore...if I get them, I get them. If I don't see something by the end of year...I'll ask for my money back.
Paul did have us mixed up. He responded to my inquiry and told me it would take several days to reach MN. I emailed him back and told him I was in MO. I think that fixed it because I did recieve my two books within that time frame. Hope you get yours. As this pace, it may be awhile.:sad:

robert campbell

This mix up maybe a mistake, but the fact that many of the people who pre-paid and funded the effort were some of the last to receive the book is unacceptable. Especially while books were sent to dealers at a profit to the author.

Just another instance that makes the good people on this site feel unappreciated. Both monetarily and for the information they provided for free. Just to see it copyrighted and profited from.

Rob

Perkchiro

This mix up maybe a mistake, but the fact that many of the people who pre-paid and funded the effort were some of the last to receive the book is unacceptable. Especially while books were sent to dealers at a profit to the author.

Just another instance that makes the good people on this site feel unappreciated. Both monetarily and for the information they provided for free. Just to see it copyrighted and profited from.

Rob
Agreed Rob!

Midnight Special

Rob

This has long been my opinion as well, contrast to many other generous GT/CS efforts that were shunned by this author both here and on other sites.

hookedtrout

I'd just like to add that I hope everyone that paid and is still waiting for their Newitt book sees it arrive soon so we can reach a climax with the process as you certainly deserved to be respected better than you were.

In the end this group is a great group with more knowledge on the GT/CS than we even realize at this point and we will continue to better understand and unearth information on our car as we progress. Any question that ever needs answered will ultimately be answered here and the end result of all of this in my opinion is working out just fine, our little family of CS owners is healthy and right where we want it.

In the mean time I have a book so if anyone needs anything out of it let me know and I'll get it for you to tie you over until your book arrives. It's the least I can do.

aemoo28

Guess there are no more books avail via Paul Newitt.

I've sent emails, and tonight I gave him another call. He said, and I quote...

"I'm not interested in keeping in touch. I'm done with that part of my life. Goodbye."

and then hung up before I could think of anything to say.

So I guess that's it. I'll order from Branda then.

Amy

Perkchiro

Guess there are no more books avail via Paul Newitt.

"I'm not interested in keeping in touch. I'm done with that part of my life. Goodbye."

So I guess that's it. I'll order from Branda then.

Amy

Wow Amy, Paul was a bit snippy eh?

OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

Does this mean that he is done with the 1968 GT/CS registry part of his life?:icon_lol:

Midnight Special

...Several of my friends and I routinely received "blow offs" as that since 2006 when we refused his assertion that we were all here because of him. My guess is that he has taken all he can get from this group and there is no gravy left for him to skim...

frank s

I'm gong to guess he's had his ego spanked by a low turnout at the Burbank book-signing, and (even guessier) that his favorite Ford dealer has either denied the opportunity or made it difficult for him to arrange a signing at their shop. Can't imagine what else would cause such churlish behaviors.

I for one would be delighted to attend a "function" at the Ford place. If anyone gets word of a date and time, please post it up.

One good thing, if he's left that part of his life behind: good for him, even better for us. We can leave his entire life behind, thank goodness.

PS: It's a pretty nice book, even if there is a typo or grammar error on many of the early pages. I offered to proofread it for no charge, and would have saved him some embarrassment, but noooooo ...

aemoo28

Not sure what's going on with him, but it stung a little to be blown off like that- especially with our history. He rescued me twice when I went down to pick up my '68 and *attempted* to bring her home.

I'm rarely caught off guard and speechless, as many of you know.

Anyone know if Branda has any more books for sale? I need two more.

And where is the DVD that is supposed to be part of the book? Did anyone get one? What's on it?

frank s

Way I understood it, if you were a paid-in-fool pre-purchaser the CD was part of the package, but I don't think I have heard of anyone receiving it.

(Did my spell-checker really do that?)