• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Ford Quality # 1 ???

Ruppstang

I thought you might like to see the precision mounting holes for my HCS LH quarter scoop! Kind of goes to show the unique GT-CS & HCS holes were not prepunched.
I sanded most of the day on Saturday if we stay on schedule it should be painted around January 8-10. Yippee

Attachments

• 68 HCS restoration - primer 002.JPG
    68 HCS restoration - primer 002.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 68 HCS restoration - primer 001.JPG
    68 HCS restoration - primer 001.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 68 HCS restoration - primer 003.JPG
    68 HCS restoration - primer 003.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 68 HCS restoration - primer 004.JPG
    68 HCS restoration - primer 004.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 68 HCS restoration - primer 005.JPG
    68 HCS restoration - primer 005.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 60

Midnight Special

...Very nice Marty!
And you have proven something of great discussion in past years here! The holes were neither pre-punched or drilled! They were obviously shot with a .22 rifle like I always suspected!
;-)

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Marty I would LOVE to see your car at the shows this next season. Sounds like it will be ready by then!

Amy I hope to be at the fathers day show at Steamboat Springs CO. with Bob Teets and CO. I think that a homecoming to Colorado would be a great first act for our HCS. Hope to see many of you there. Marty

hicountrybob

Amy I hope to be at the fathers day show at Steamboat Springs CO. with Bob Teets and CO. I think that a homecoming to Colorado would be a great first act for our HCS. Hope to see many of you there. Marty

RIGHT ON, MARTY!!!!!!! LET'S DO IT and all you other SPECIAL owners, also. They're expecting a bunch of us. I told the powers to be that we would be out in force. UNLIKE, MCA, we have our own class for Cal and HCS cars at this show. It will be interesting to see if the late Cal SP cars will be in with the early cars or in a late Cal Sp class or in one of the regular YEAR classes I don't miss this annual FATHER'S DAY show. Mark your calenders, brothers and sisters, FATHER'S DAY WEEKEND 2011. Early registration begins in January. Check out their site at "ROCKY MOUNTAIN MUSTANG ROUNDUP"". NO on site day of show registration AT THIS 4 DAY EVENT. Two days (SAT AND SUN) would work with Sat show and Sun awards breakfast, but you would miss Thursday autocross and evening BAR-B-Q, and Friday Pony Trails, plus biking, golf, swimming, horseback riding, mountain shopping, site seeing any or all 4 days, plus fellowship, kicking back telling lies to one another. PLUS, most condos and time share units have balcony or other outside bar b q grills and lodging is more reasonable money-wise than the HOST hotels, PLUS, mountain shopping and grocery stores are equally close by. SO, SADDLE UP AND I'LL SEE YOU THERE. We'll mix a lot and have a wonderful 4 day weekend. Bob Teets here.

hicountrybob

I'm in.

Bob, get ready for a HCS CS GNS SHOWUP and SHOWDOWN!! I'll grab the NW chapter!

Hey, DO IT!!!!!!!!Tell the Seattle Northwest club members we welcome you all with open arms. Bring your GOLD NUGGET SPECIALS, YOUR SKI COUNTRY SPECIALS, YOUR HCS AND CAL SPECIALS and how about your coupes, your Mach 1's,convs, Shelbys and so on and we'll knock their socks out. MANY HERE have never seen the late cal specials, ski country specials and certainly not the Northwest Specials. ROB, take notice, 'CAUSE YOU'LL BLOW THESE PEOPLE AWAY down here with that Special of yours. Bob T. here. SHOW UP, you'll have one heck of a vacation week, too. Nite!

robert campbell

Bob,
I have been planing this since you guys came our way. Steve (rvrtrash) has a great meet for September later in the year.

We talked about it earlier this year and Steamboat Springs sounds like a great place. Maybe we can get Tim to break away for a day? He be one busy guy!

I have never been to the high country! Amy is one traveling girl!! And Marty to boot!! Its all that and a bag of chips!!!

Rob

robert campbell

Bob,
You need to start a new thread and post the dates again. "Denver or Bust" sounds like a good title!! Now we need to "round up" (arr arr Mustang humor) the rest of the posse!!!

Rob