• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Flip open gas cap

franklinair

Stephen;
Do you not have the correct gas cap on the car? If not, what is on the car?

Neil

Tequila

My understanding is that its got the horse emblem on it. PN C7ZA-9A107-B. The originals should say Autolite and PN inscribed in it. If your car is a true GT then the cap might say GT. By no means I am the expert here. Others please chime in if I am wrong.

OP
OP
M

mbsf1970

@Neil,
Its original but broken. One of many little things to look after. When you pop it open, it goes awry because one of the two arms that holds cap on pin is broken off.
I need a replacement and am still quite new at price game so I come here for expert guidance. Heck I might even post my want here as it seems like a good source.
Stephen

68sunlitgold

Stephen,
Is it just the hinge that is broken but the cap itself is OK? If so I believe I have one somewhere in all my spare parts. I will look for it.

Doug

Attachments

• Picture 021a.jpg
    Picture 021a.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
M

mbsf1970

Doug,
I'd have to look again to be sure but I believe its the hinge since --based on your picture-- its one of the two vertical bars that holds onto the pin.

Stephen

68sunlitgold

Stephen,
here is the pic.

Doug

Attachments

• hinge.jpg
    hinge.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 16
  • hinge2.jpg
    hinge2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 14