• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Exhaust Manifold Paint

teamlo

Hi,

I am curious to know what people are using for exhaust manifold paint for the 1968 small block. I am in the process of building a J-code 302 and detailing it to stock appearance. The car will be an occasional driver, so I am looking for something that looks nice (correct) and is durable. Any thoughts or recommendations appreciated. Thanks!

Terry

Russ

I use Seynor Cast Blast high temperature paint. It comes in a spray can, looks great and lasts a long time. You can purchase it on the internet for about $10 per can. Hope this helps. Russ

Last edited:

gazrox

I have used Eastwood Factory Gray High Temp Coating, Part #34105Z - its a brush on paint specifically for manifolds - and haven't had any problems with it as long as you do the prep work meticulously.

PFSlim

I would get it powdercoated clear. Looks pretty original and easy to clean and care for in the long run. Typically, it would cost about $75 to powdercoat.

Paul

BroadwayBlue

Attachments

• DSC_1452a.jpg
    DSC_1452a.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: