• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

exhaust manifold

imported_tree

quick question for the informed. just had a headliner put in last week and the car is just about ready for the car shows around B.C . had all metal parts powder coated under the hood.but does anyone know what color the exhaust manifold should be. one more thing that i should pass on i found 3 more CS/GT up here in prince george.have not talked to any yet but will soon, as the weather gets better and more classic cars come out.

harryz

I believe that the exhaust manifolds were left plain - i.e. not painted, so there are a cast iron grey color. If yours are new (not rusted yet), spray them with graphite lubricant that comes in a spray can. Keeps them from rusting (for a little while at least).

Harry Z.

Mustanger

harryz said:
I believe that the exhaust manifolds were left plain - i.e. not painted, so there are a cast iron grey color. If yours are new (not rusted yet), spray them with graphite lubricant that comes in a spray can. Keeps them from rusting (for a little while at least).

Harry Z.

I think that Eastwood has not only rust removal and protecting products, but also special hi temp paint in cast iron color. Check it out:

http://www.eastwoodco.com/

and also ...

http://eastwood.resultspage.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&w=cast+iron+grey

Perkchiro

I also used Eastwoods cast iron gray hi-temp coating for my hypo manifolds. Looks good and worked great. By the way, I'm really pleased with Eastwood products. I used them all through my restoration That's an unsolicited promotion! :smile:

Mustanger

Perkchiro said:
I also used Eastwoods cast iron gray hi-temp coating for my hypo manifolds. Looks good and worked great. By the way, I'm really pleased with Eastwood products. I used them all through my restoration That's an unsolicited promotion! :smile:

... perhaps someone who has used their products successfully should add them to the "Restoration Reference" subcategory ...