• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Engine went in today.

Perkchiro

Mike, those front springs and shocks must have really compressed when that engine went in. It did on my 302 but I can't imagine the weight of that monster 390. It looks really great and you're doing a wonderful resto job. More pics please as you progress.

Steve in Missouri

J_Speegle

Looks good ... and what a milestone to get behind you.

Noticed the mark on the #1 cross member. Was that found on the car before restoration?

If so it was likely a porrly written "B".

Did find another mark did you, on the drivers side > ;)

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

J_Speegle said:
Looks good ... and what a milestone to get behind you.

Noticed the mark on the #1 cross member. Was that found on the car before restoration?

If so it was likely a porrly written "B".

Did find another mark did you, on the drivers side > ;)
Hi Jeff, That mark was not found on this car, but a friends Concours restored GT/CS. After much consideration, I decided to include it here. We studied the mark, and could not determine if it was a "13" or a "B". I reproduced it exactly the way it was on his. This car had been stripped, repainted, stripped and repainted again, and Who knows how many times before this.

What mark are you talking about for the Drivers side? Mike

J_Speegle

somethingspecial said:
Hi Jeff, That mark was not found on this car, but a friends Concours restored GT/CS. After much consideration, I decided to include it here. We studied the mark, and could not determine if it was a "13" or a "B".
What mark are you talking about for the Drivers side?

For some reason (haven't determined why yet) the B got placed there on some (but from what we've found not all) second half 68's at San Jose

The DS normally has the car's second rotation number. Even found them there on a couple Dearborn cars so far.

Mustanger

Congrats Mike, and a well-deserved 2-thumbs up!!! ... I sure it'll sound sweet when you finally turn the key ...