• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ebay - black/red GT/CS - what do you think?

Mosesatm

Looks nice. J-codes are hard to find. Looks like it was originally gold. Would like to see a better picture of the Marti.

rvrtrash

I'll be in Yakima in a couple of weeks. I'll email the guy tomorrow and if he still has it when I'm there, I'll go check it out.

Steve

rvrtrash

I looked at this car this weekend and if anyone wants full details, email me and I will provide them. Bottom line is, this car has problems that need fixed everywhere you look, including rust that wasn't repaired, cracked fiberglass, missing parts, wrong parts, etc. Nothing that isn't fixable but you're looking at a couple hundred or more hours and a couple thousand dollars if you do the work yourself to make it right. If you're looking for something you can buy and take to the car show, this isn't it, although it would look nice to the average person sitting in the grocery store parking lot. I did make an offer that I thought was very generous under the circumstances just because of my love of these cars but was turned down and am kind of relieved I was.
Steve

68gt390

Looks like they've relisted it once again. Seems the other buyer who got the winning bid of $14,000.00 backed out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=110085276680

Steve;
After reading your review of this vehicle I can understand why the high bidder backed out of this deal on this car. With the problems you've already noted here I wouldn't pay that for it. I also noticed this time it's a no reserve auction. Imagine that.

Here is another one listed on ebay. Car looks good but, for that price it has some red flags. I sent an email to the seller asking if it was a true GT Optioned car yesterday and his answer was of all things "YES". My point - If your selling something on ebay, know what your selling and give accurate information.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=130073987802

Don

Last edited:

DeadStang

It'll be interesting to see if it shows back up on eBay. Hate those private auctions--can't be nosey and see how "good" of a buyer it was who won the auction.