• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Another Questionable GT/CS

CJ

Currently for sale on Ebay is another questionable GT/CS. What is so fraudulent about this sale is that the black plates on this GT/CS is for a commercial vehicle. I emailed the seller about these plates and he replied "i know the plates are not off this car i do not have report but i have the pics of the car ter down it is a tru gt cs you can get a report if you want i will be posting more pics of motor and befor it was painted on sun or mon thanks Bruce". I sent another email regarding the title and what license plate is actually documented with the GT/CS and no reply as of yet.

Here is the link; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=110058856844

CJ

miller511

Hi Claude,

I had noticed the "truck" black CA plate also. Those were used on commercial vehicles at the time. My buddy's '64 El Camino had plates in that same format...and I (believe it or not) remember little details like that from when I was a kid....I'm not sure why ;-)

It's puzzling that folks put expensive stuff up for sale that is clearly incorrect (to me) and they don't provide the documentation required (a Marti Report for starters) that would ease any skepticism.

This may turn out to be an authentic CS, but with the commercial plate (and the pony and bars emblem on the fenders) I'm more than a little skeptical.