• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Don't let the sunshine fool you.......

Midnight Special

.....It was COLD!! - but with family in town, we decided to take a 75-mile drive with the four GT/CSs and the '70 Mach. Performance was flawless and we got to enjoy a full combo of winding roads, freeway, hills, trees... and alot of admiration from cellphone-cammed mini-vans! Stops for lunch and fuel drew curiosity and warming conversations to offset the 20-degree tempuratures...

A good time was had by all!

Attachments

• DSC_0620.jpg
    DSC_0620.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0630.jpg
    DSC_0630.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0631.jpg
    DSC_0631.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0633.jpg
    DSC_0633.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0648.jpg
    DSC_0648.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0638.jpg
    DSC_0638.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_0629.jpg
    DSC_0629.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0618.jpg
    DSC_0618.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

rvrtrash

Man I wish I could do that! It was -3 when I went to work yesterday and my shop (where the old cars sleep) is blocked by 2 feet of snow. :sad:

Steve

sam

what a great event.....I'm envious here in NH. Although only 1 " of snow so far this season, they've already laid down road salt, so my CalSpec is away for the winter.
Sam

nfrntau

Grilled steaks on the porch wearing shorts last night and woke up to a chilly 69 degrees this morning.
Living in the South has a few benifits.

I was up in Seattle earlier this week and got to see it snow. I think snow is really cool for short periods of time. I also found out the traction control systems in the new cars really work!

hookedtrout

20 below zero here this morning, 22 below zero Friday morning with a wind chill of 31 below zero, the kids have been out of school since Wednesday. My CS is tucked away in the garage as well sunshine or not it's not coming out. The sunshine does look warmer there than the sunshine here and it is shining, shining enough to bring the 3 PM temps up to a whopping 5 degrees.

Cory

Mustanglvr

Great pics Tim! Gee, I wish I could get a chance to sample that California weather. Its 12 here now, woke up to 22 below windchills yesterday. Still no snow that`ll actually stick.

Diesel Donna

<~~~~~~~Didn't go to work yesterday...snow day! Hahahahaaaa! Flurries at 5:30 A.M. and then before I got to the freeway the CHP shut down the mountain pass I have to go down from the 4,500 foot level. Eleven pileups and miles and miles of backed up traffic. Snowed more in the flatlands (3 whole inches) than up here on the mountain.

calspcl

Those are some great pics! Makes a person feel like its sunny and 70. Maybe in about 4 months...

BroadwayBlue

Hit the teens for the first time this Winter in NY last night and could hit single digits tonight but ... not a flake of snow yet!! Not a drop of salt either but the Mustangs have been in storage since the beginning of November ... go figure! I could still have been driving them!! We broke a 52 year record here in my area of NY for the latest snowfall of the season ... we're still waiting...

Diesel Donna

Dang Rich! I've had more snow than YOU have! Was 13 here last Friday and 19 this morning...snowed in MALIBU!

BTW Tim...those are great pictures as always. Wish I was there.(Oh we got a great big convoy...rockin' through the night, oh we got a great big convoy ain't she a beautiful sight!) Hammer down!

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Ah yes -CONVOY... I loved that song. We had walkie talkies, but no CBs.

Let's see; how would that song go today?...

"Was'a dark o'moon on the 6th o'June - in a Mustang, low on gas. Deputy Mike with his red light on - and he's gainin' on our ass. We's headin for grub on I-eight-O 'bout a mile out'a Col-fax. I said convoy this here's the leading Stang - and his fanny we're about to WAX!

Hit it Donna!
Diesel Donna said:
...(Oh we got a great big convoy...rockin' through the night, oh we got a great big convoy ain't she a beautiful sight!) Hammer down!

Diesel Donna

C'mon and join our convoy ain't nuthin' gonna git in our way, Not even Deputy Mik-eey,we got the right of way!

somethingspecial

Thats OK, If your low on gas, I'll catch up, and hook your ass. (and your little stang too!) ;)) You guys kill me. Mike

BroadwayBlue

Diesel Donna said:
Dang Rich! I've had more snow than YOU have! Was 13 here last Friday and 19 this morning...snowed in MALIBU!

BTW Tim...those are great pictures as always. Wish I was there.(Oh we got a great big convoy...rockin' through the night, oh we got a great big convoy ain't she a beautiful sight!) Hammer down!

Well it finally happened Donna. We got our first white stuff last night (Thursday) and it was gone by lunchtime today. Less than an inch.
But everything was covered for the first time this year and they actually dropped some salt on the roads :mad: I just hate that ... luckily my stangs are safe and sound in storage.

Diesel Donna

<~~~~~~Doin' the happy dance!! Yaaaay you got snow...where I'm originally from in Western NY we measure snow in FEET, not inches, LOL!!
Hate that salt...we use sand here.