• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Don't disown me....

mbsf1970

I am in the process of acquiring a 68 Mustang GT in triple black. Its not my dream car and I'll keep hunting for the correct GTCS but in the meantime I'll have a beautiful car to drive around while my search continues. Can't wait!!
Its got a 302 4V ps discb with deluxe interior. No rust and nothing but shine!

I'll keep checking in here to read.

By the way, does anyone have suggestions about where to get a car cover for outside parking as well as perhaps a good inside car cover.....which ones are best and so on?? thanks,
Stephen

BigJim

http://www.calcarcover.com/
Call them and tell them how/where you plan to keep the car and they will point you to the best cover for your needs. They even have a pattern to make covers for our cars.

stangfan

If you are going to keep a black car covered, be very carefull putting it on and off. Covers can scratch so easily, and black shows everything.

dalorzo_f

Covers can scratch so easily,

I keep hearing folks say that, but have never seen it.

I guess if you left dirt on the car and rubbed it around, but here in Brisbane its pretty dry and dusty and I've had my cover on and off regularly (2-14 times a week) for 7 years and the paint shows no scratches... same on the S GT coupe (Royal Maroon) but only 4 years or so...

If its kept clean, and you use a little care, its really not an issue.

Midnight Special

I keep hearing folks say that, but have never seen it.

I guess if you left dirt on the car and rubbed it around, but here in Brisbane its pretty dry and dusty and I've had my cover on and off regularly (2-14 times a week) for 7 years and the paint shows no scratches... same on the S GT coupe (Royal Maroon) but only 4 years or so...

If its kept clean, and you use a little care, its really not an issue.

...It can be an issue when a car is covered on an open cross-country transport, otherwise no big deal with reasonable care...

teamlo

I am in the process of acquiring a 68 Mustang GT in triple black. Its not my dream car and I'll keep hunting for the correct GTCS but in the meantime I'll have a beautiful car to drive around while my search continues. Can't wait!!
Its got a 302 4V ps discb with deluxe interior. No rust and nothing but shine

Raven black, black vinyl top and black deluxe interior? That's PRETTY CLOSE to my dream car. Is it a hardtop (coupe)? Sounds awesome!! Good luck with it. I'm jealous!

Terry

BigJim

If you are going to keep a black car covered, be very carefull putting it on and off. Covers can scratch so easily, and black shows everything.
That is why you don't want to buy a cheap cover. A good quality cover such as Cal Car Covers has an ultra soft liner that will prevent scratching. Another thing that prevents scratching is to never cover a dirty car. And as someone else implied NEVER transport a car with a cover on it.

OP
OP
M

mbsf1970

Raven black, black vinyl top and black deluxe interior? That's PRETTY CLOSE to my dream car. Is it a hardtop (coupe)? Sounds awesome!! Good luck with it. I'm jealous!

Terry

It is a HT. sent $$ yesterday and now begins the long wait to have uncle ( who lives 80 miles from Mustang) pick up car and arrange transport back to Calgary.

How do you know for certain if a car is a true GT or just a dressed up reg issue? Is it in VIN? I believe mine is just accessorized but I'm quite alright with that. Love all the GT trim items but most like the fog lights on front grille...

CougarCJ

How do you know for certain if a car is a true GT or just a dressed up reg issue? Is it in VIN? I believe mine is just accessorized but I'm quite alright with that. Love all the GT trim items but most like the fog lights on front grille...

Marti Report :grin:

franklinair

Black-Black-Black IS my Dream Car. Maybe when I finish my Gulfstream Aqua GT/CS we should talk...:smile:

Neil