• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Destination Downtown...

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

UPDATE: 'Driving Renee's "Goldie" to town today for front-end alignment check, then to the body shop on Monday for new (factory tooled) fender and parts from R&R Classics, then paint...

I told Renee I need a hooded sweatshirt so I won't be recognized drivin' around in that old wreck...
;-)

...On a side note: Renee auditioned for and got the part of singing The National Anthem for the start of the Sacramento River Cats baseball game at Raley Field! I got to listen via cellphone courtesy; "marie68mustangs" and Wow! What a stunningly beautiful voice!! My gosh - the hidden talent here!!!
Pretty amazing our "PonyGal"!

Last edited:

PonyGal

I told Renee I need a hooded sweatshirt so I won't be recognized drivin' around in that old wreck...
;-)

OLD WRECK!!!! Hey that's my baby you're talking about!! I love it even if it is a bit dented right now. But, she will be as good as new before the end of the month :) Thank you Tim for taking care of things for me ;-}

19396-african-american-man-wearing-a-hoody-sweater-clipart-by-djart.jpg

PonyGal

...On a side note: Renee auditioned for and got the part of singing The National Anthem for the start of the Sacramento River Cats baseball game at Raley Field! I got to listen via cellphone courtesy; "marie68mustangs" and Wow! What a stunningly beautiful voice!! My gosh - the hidden talent here!!!
Pretty amazing our "PonyGal"!

As for singing the National Anthem yesterday for the River Cats, it was a blast!!! I really enjoyed singing, and got quite a few compliments afterward. Also, it was a great day for a ball game, and they won 7-3!

PonyGal

My "baby" is all fixed up!!!

Went to Tripp's Auto Body yesterday, in the pouring rain to pick up my little gold coupe. They did a wonderful job repairing it and matching the paint. She is now sitting in Tim's garage waiting for me to bring her back home. I am one HAPPY Mustang owner!!!

Thank you Tim and TJ for all the help you gave me to get her back on the road again!!

Attachments

• 100_0716.jpg
    100_0716.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_0717.jpg
    100_0717.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...They did a beautiful job!
For paint match - they have a computer program that scans the existing color and formulates a perfect match, so no need to cross refer paint recipes or trial & error... You literally can't see any difference between Renee's new fender and the rest of the car! They gave her a pint of touch-up to go with it as well. 'Neat shop :)

rvrtrash

Glad it worked out Renee, although I kinda thought it would come out of the body shop looking something like this to keep the big, bad trucks away. :grin:

Steve

Attachments

• Renee's 67.jpg
    Renee's 67.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 28

PFSlim

Tim

Your probably right. We would have tried to figure out some way to tear it completely down and put it on a rotissorie - just to fix a fender!! Ha ha

Paul