• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dare I ask? Post Photos of ourselves?

dotbomb

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

LUVMYCS said:
Welcome Jeff! Is the classic one light green or dark green? What size engine?

It is the light green, lime gold. In fact that very ugly brownish gold one that is for sale on craigslist right now is originally a lime gold car with a 3 speed manual. I guess the owner prefers puke brown/gold to green :cry:

The one I'm enjoying the pictures of (and drooling over my keyboard) is a 289 and is for sale on ebay by the St. Louis Car Museum. I see it has been on ebay a while. It seems they may price their cars more for advertising than for serious offers.

I figure it will be at least a year before I'm back as a GT/CS owner. The main reason we sold the gold one to Doug is because my wife was paranoid about the safety of the car (seats, gas tank, etc). Her deal to me was take whatever money it would have cost to fix it up and apply it to a new car in the future. Well the future has arrived and she's really happy I have a new Saleen with all the safety features and I'm extremely happy with the looks and performance :grin: But nothing can replace my first love!

dotbomb

Oh and since this is a photo thread and it seems I've hijacked it...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 38
  • carSideViewDriveway.jpg
    carSideViewDriveway.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 38

LUVMYCS

Yeah, that Lime Gold car on ebay is beautiful! My husband likes that one!
Those old cars aren't up to the safety standards like the new ones. BTW your car is sweet! And your son is really cute too!

Mustanglvr

Great pics Jeff! Your car is gorgeous!
Your son looks just like you, very cute. :)

Is the green car you`re talking about Seafoam green? It is a very pale color.

dotbomb

Thanks for the compliments re: the car and my son. Both bring me great joy!

Here's the car in question I've been drooling over

Ebay Lime Gold GT/CS

The seafoam green one is very nice too.

Seafoam Green

Just not as many pictures to drool over hehe

Diesel Donna

Topless photos of Donna!

Okay,okay, I'll post a picture of myself. :grin:

That's me on the left in the jitney and me washing Dad's '52 Ford with an SOS pad.

Attachments

• DonnaandPaminthejitney.jpg
    DonnaandPaminthejitney.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Donnawashing52FordwithSOSpad.jpg
    Donnawashing52FordwithSOSpad.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 62

Mustanglvr

Very cute pictures Donna! Is that your sister? I`ve never heard or seen a Jitney before. Is it a toy then?

Diesel Donna

Mustanglvr said:
Very cute pictures Donna! Is that your sister? I`ve never heard or seen a Jitney before. Is it a toy then?

That is one of my sisters. I have a gang of sisters and brothers. (11 of us)
Well, we called them jitney's back then..it was a homemade go cart thing. This one was at Grandma's house in Florida. I'll try to find the picture of the one we had in NY...they never had brakes and the steering was horrible. Didn't anyone else have a jitney?

Mustanglvr

I had and old buggy (1940`s style) frame with the wheels still on it and stuck an empty feed sack over the handle for a back rest on one end and tried to steer with the other handle folded over. That was my go cart. I remember having an old metal peddle car too. So what did you do with all your old Barbies Donna?

Diesel Donna

Mustanglvr said:
I had and old buggy (1940`s style) frame with the wheels still on it and stuck an empty feed sack over the handle for a back rest on one end and tried to steer with the other handle folded over. That was my go cart. I remember having an old metal peddle car too. So what did you do with all your old Barbies Donna?

Ahhhhh Barbie...we had to share her with three girls and she's probably dead now.

BroadwayBlue

Great Pics Donna! Love 'em that was great :cool:

I never had a jitney, we called them go-karts.

My uncle built one for me with a plank and an old galvanized garbage can on top like the hood of an engine. Great cart! He even put real rubber inflated tires on! He told me the whole time we were building it that it was for one of his other nephews. I remember going to the hardware store and picking out Red, Red Devil paint. Then when we were done, he told me it was for me!
I wish I had pictures of that old go-kart. I have to look back but I do'nt think I do. I remember putting 3-D stickers on it you used to get from the Gulf Stations that were Bees ... this was around 1969-1970.