• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Cross your fingers! The revival of Satan is... today!

aemoo28

Attention!

At approx 1600, today, Sunday, I will be turning the key and win this battle once and for all. Ears all around will hear this engine and my walloops as she will be ALIVE again!

After 6 months of rebuilding, replacing, cleaning, and painting, my '68 will be UP AND RUNNING! Everything but the short block has been fixed. (I'll get to that asap.)

THREE flatbeds to get her here from So Cal. Thank you Paul, thank you Ron, thank you Mike, and all of my new friends, for your many many hours of working on this car. I'll try to find the link to the story started by PMN.

Hear her roar from Ballard, Washington!

J.Bart

thanks for the warning, i'll batten down the hatches, and stow the sails. a storms a commin. lol.
seriuosly though, after it is all said and done,(which still may be a year down the road), what a story to tell! you didn't want to be boring did ya?

good luck

franklinair

Amy-
1600 PST? I'll be home sipping on my Manhattan @1900EST thinking of you.:grin:

Neil

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Oh no.

We forgot the exhaust manifolds. Left them in Bremerton. (Hey Rob...?)

So we have the ring gasket things on, and we're lookin for the exhaust manifolds, and Mike turns to me and says "Oh sh*t".

Guess I jumped the gun on this one.

J.Bart

whoops! isn't it always something? hang in there amy you'll get it on the road

Mustanglvr

I wish you well Amy, I hope you can get it running soon. Mine is sitting without a battery and a vacuum advance, but not near as bad as you got it. Be patient, it will all be worth it.

franklinair

NTW (Not To Worry) I'm having my Manhattan each evening either to celebrate or anticipate that puppy lighting off:grin:

Neil

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Waitin for those exhaust manifolds to come back. Date of revival- ? Will attend a show in Port Angeles "Mustangs at the Courthouse" or something...

mechanicalguy48

Excellent , excellent then it will be the first outing for both our CS's. I should be there also if I can get the quarter panels and ten thousand other things done by then. See you there ! Lets hope neither of us needs the flatbed. Lol ! I just finished using Eastwoods on my own exhaust manifolds .
exhmanifold-s.jpg