• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

console dilema

jk89cat

ok, heres my thought , being i dont care too much about orginality , and i have a very nice 67 console and want to use a late model din size radio , heres the thing i dont want to cut the face panel of the radio for this. heres my thought , either 1 sell the console off and get a 68 style shelby reproduction or 2 buy a crappy looking face plate and cut it up for the radio . whats everyone think?

PFSlim

That is a dilema. Since you are not going original, it appears like it is up to you to decide which works and looks the best.

Paul

hookedtrout

I purchased a second face plate, cut the worst of the two up so I could install a nice sound system within easy access so I could enjoy some oldies while I smoke the tires impressing my 7 year old and irritating my wife. Worked for me and I can put it all back together when I'm ready or pass it on to my oldest son and let him decide at that point.

Cory

OP
OP
J

jk89cat

thanks guys i think i am going the route cory said , the branda consoles are now 580 , they went up since i looked at them last. and corey dont irratate the wife too much shemight make you sleep inthe stang! -justin