• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Classic Car Insurance

Mosesatm

Does classic car insurance cover damage from angry women name Rita?

Jason, Mike and Craig, are you going to be able to get your cars to higher ground?

mmillstx

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=2154;start=0#msg14606 date=1127315293]

Jason, Mike and Craig, are you going to be able to get your cars to higher ground?

Well.....Mine is currently in various stages of dis-assembly. We got the order to evacuate last night.(webster) She will ride out the storm in my wharehouse off of hwy 3. Hopefully everyone is just being proactive and everyone and everything will be safe.

Mike[/quote]

Mustanger

I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers that you'll all be safe, and that you'll be able to return back to your homes and property soon. Good luck and God bless :).

390cs68rcode

my area does not have problems with water. I am fully covered on all my cars. I will be staying at my home. Setting up a satellite internet access account now and have a power generator. I have a portable AC unit and a pretty well built house and garage. I will be online and should be OK.

Perkchiro

Jason: Stay safe. All of you in the Houston area will be in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, Rita will be all bark and no bite.

Steve

68gt390

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=2154;start=0#msg14606 date=1127315293]

[/quote]

I know some of the folks in New Orleans are having trouble with insurance companies not wanting to pay for the flood problems because the folks were in non-flood areas. If that is the case most insurance companies won't sell you flood insurance. As far as I'm concerned it's a "Natural Disaster". It's just another way for the insurance guys to work around the problem.

Jason and all who are in the Houston area keep your spirits up and your heads down. You guys and gals stay safe.

Arlie: What are you going to do? You staying put or evacuating? Either way be safe. Our thoughts are with all of you.

I'll be working in our Disaster Control Center this weekend. We have a lot of store employees we are trying to get out of the area as well as closing down the stores.

Don

390cs68rcode

thanks guys. I will be fine. I did double check with my collector car insurance (Grundy) and they said I am 100% covered for wind, hail, water and anything that happens. $0 deductable as well.

they told me they have been apying out quite a few claims from Katrina.

nfrntau

All you Houstonians stay safe and dry.
Rita looks to be a big one. Me and my family are going up to Dallas for a few days leaving early tomorrow. My children 8 and 10 have visions in their minds of sitting in the attic with a water bottle and a hatchet watching the water rise and the wind howl. All of the Katrina exposure has really got them freaked out about this one. I'm pretty certain I don't have to worry about flooding in my area. Big trees falling on the house may be another thing.
I'll worry about it from Dallas with an ice cold beer in my hand. If it turns out you must leave and don't have a place to go do not hesitate to call me. I will be at my Sister in laws and we will find a way to squeeze you in. 713-252-8314
Hopefully Rita will decide to go somewhere else before it gets here.
Cheers