• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 classic car insurance

calspcl

I just sent a message to Heacock and than read that they dont cover driving the car to work. Also, it has to be kept in a locked garage, which I do. Except, if we are on a road trip, then it would be parked in front of a motel. I drive maybe a 1000 miles a year to work, store, shows, or a weekend cruise.

I have not researched Grundy or Hagerty yet. Does anyone have a policy that covers my type of driving criteria?

Dan

hookedtrout

Check Haggarty, they don't have near those restrictions. My policy doesn't restrict based on where you drive, it just can't be your daily communte to work car or your only car. Once in awhile to work to show it off is fine, if you use it every day to go to work you may have issues. This is just from my memory so you will want to verify the details but this is what sticks in my mind and this is what I do.

franklinair

That's pretty much the way I recall my Hagerty insurance. I specified 2,000 miles per year max for my type of driving. Premium=$220/year for North Carolina.

Neil

TraveledGTCS

I also have Hagerty Insurance. Most classic insurance companies have the restriction on not using the insured vehicle as a daily driver. As some of you know I do a lot of traveling and when I head back to eastern U.S., I just let my agent know I'm making the trip and there is no problem. I had a different classic insurance company previously and I wasn't aware of the mileage restriction and went 500 miles over and they became a little up tight about it, and that was just attending local shows in Washington, one in Oregon and one in BC; I could only imagine what they would have said if I made a trip back east. So, I started looking around and found Hagerty. That was about ten years ago. Currently my rate is based on appraised value of $32,000.00: $268.00 per year.

Bill

68 special

I'm with Safeco. $200 a year, $25,000 stated value, 2500 miles per year and they said I could drive it 1-2 days a week to work. it's classified as classic not antique. I couldn't do antique with a different drive train and paint. They said antique should be as it left the dealer.

Bret

sam

I am insured with American Collector's Insurance of Cherry Hill, NJ. Mileage restriction to 2500/annual, with $42,000 stated value. My premium is $ 257.60/year. I got a like quote from Hagerty Insurance and premium was estimate @ $80 additional than what I pay with American Collectors....................same restrictions.

Regards
Sam

OP
OP
calspcl

calspcl

Hagerty gave me a quote of 365.00 a year. My farmers policy was the same price for 6 months, much better - thanks!

nfrntau

I'm onboard with Hagerty also. I don't know about Farmers but USAA, who insures my daily driver (modern) cars will only insure for liability, No collision. Theft would be at blue book value which is far less than my insured "agreed" value with Hagerty.
Does Farmers offer the same coverage as Hagerty?
I suggest you ask the different carriers to send you a copy of the policy they offer. They won't mind doing it and then you can compare apples to apples.
Thats what I did and Hagerty was the carrier I chose based on me driving habits. I drive the car the way I want to where I want to. I think my limit was around 3,000 miles per year and I average 1,000.

68HCS289

I have American Modern which was recommended through MCA. My '68 is insured for $20000 currently and I pay less than $200 a year I belive. 3000 miles a year and kept in a garage-required for mine. All together I pay like $580 a year to insure 3 of my mustangs. The '68 for $20k, the '95 GT vert for $13K and the '03 GT for $16k.