• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Classic Car Garage Video

Dacecil

I ordered the Classic Car Garage video advertised on this website on November 10. They cashed my check, but no video. Now I notice the link is gone. Can anyone help me to get ahold of these people. Has anyone else ordered the video and received/not received it?

Thanks
Dale

68sunlitgold

Dale,
I got mine along time ago but I was emailing guy directly, I bought the original grille from them on ebay. I don't think they knew you still should have the light supports in the grille even if you use the Marchal lights. I will look at home to see if I have his email address.
Doug

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Dale, did you email me about this already? If not then there's at least one other person who's in the same situation. That's why I pulled the info off the "Resources" section.

The company is http://classiccargarage.com but their web site doesn't give much info and the email address (autotv@earthlink.net) comes back invalid.

Below is the info I have for them, but the phone number is no longer in service. I tried calling the fax number and a fax did pick up, so maybe that's a way to contact them?

classiccargarage.com
Jeff Shade
autotv@EARTHLINK.NET
Shade Communications Group, Inc.
6089 Weeping Banyan Lane
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
(818) 601-3345
fax: (310) 558-5647

If anyone does know what's going on with these orders I'd appreciate finding out. Thanks!

OP
OP
D

Dacecil

Thanks for the info. No, this is the first time I have posted about this. It is starting to look like I am just out the money. I hate people who rip off unsuspecting people.

Dale

rjw

I ordered the video last year and received it without incident. I still have the shipping box; I will see if the return address is any different than the one previously posted.
Richard

PB gtcs

I ordered this video series first part of November and have not yet received my copy. Am very frustrated. Used the fax to give the order. Have not yet received the visa bill to see if they cashed in on me. really want the video as have our car on rotissory (sp) and want to proceed with frame rails and pans. :mad: :mad:

Any ideas??

B.

PB gtcs

If we can t find the videos, does anyone want to sell theirs?? I really would like to see how to do some of this work as plan to do a lot over the holidays.

B.

68sunlitgold

B,
the video is good, but it really does not go into alot of California Special things. The bulk of the stuff is on general Mustang restoration. It does cover floor pan replacement and general body work. I did not see anything on frame rails. You might want to look for just a basic restoration tape if you don't recieve it.
Doug

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I did dig up an alternate phone number and I called it today. The voicemail was at least the correct person, so hopefully I'll hear back from him soon as to the status of these orders.

My guess is that the tapes are just delayed, but I'll let you all know as soon as I hear back from him.

OP
OP
D

Dacecil

Thanks Admin, for following up on this. I definitely would like to give him the benefit of the doubt. I appreciate your getting involved on our behalf. That's what makes the hobby fun, people.

Dale

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Dale and PB gtcs please email me with your order info (name, mailing address, email, when you ordered, how you paid, etc.) and I'll try to get this worked out.

I just spoke to Jeff Shade this morning and he was surprised to hear about people not getting the tapes. He has plenty in stock. So get me the info and I'll put you in touch with him.

autotv

If anyone has not received their videos, please email me directly at autotv@socal.rr.com. I'll make sure you get a replacement immediatley. Maybe someone at the post office likes Cal Specials too! We ahve plenty in stock. Thanks.
Jeff Shade
Classic Car Garage