• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Check out the new Online Registry Section

whodat

Registry

I could've sworn I sent you all my information and Marti report. But after further review maybe I didn't send you enough. In a week or so I will fill out the online info.

Last edited:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I could've sworn I sent you all my information and Marti report.
Who did you send it to? Me or Mike?

Mike and I have not yet compared notes on the info we have, so if you submitted your car to Mike it may not be listed yet in the online Registry. Mike and I will try to coordinate soon so the online version here on the site syncs up with his hard copy version. So if you sent Mike your info it will end up in the online version.

If you don't want to wait you can certainly add the info yourself using the Registry Submit page: http://www.californiaspecial.com/registry.php

DLedin

I just registered as well. Worked OK.

I just noticed a couple small, minor errors in my data though. Is there a way I can go back into my entry to edit?

-DLedin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
For security reasons any edits need to be done by me. Otherwise someone could go through and just change whatever they wanted on any VIN.

Just PM or email me your VIN and the corrections you need made.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

I could've sworn I sent you all my information and Marti report. But after further review maybe I didn't send you enough. In a week or so I will fill out the online info.

Whodat, Your info was sent to Jon. For those others who sent me information for the Registry, It has taken time to get this ball rolling, but it will all gel together. Thank you for your patience.

limelyt

Wow, someone else has the same vin number as our car

Attachments

• marti report small.jpg
    marti report small.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 51

dalorzo_f

Ok, this is weird.

Somehow the Registry book has me as the owner of the car. Here it is in the prior owners name... I never sent Paul anything, and thought I registered it here when i bought it, which is how it got in the book....but the data in the on-line registry here is against the PO in Cal....

???

GTCSMustang

I'm not seeing that you can search the registry by engine type...is that correct?

Scott

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'm not seeing that you can search the registry by engine type...is that correct?
Correct. It's on the wishlist, but at present you can't search specifically by engine. For now the best you can do is look at the Master List since it sorts alphabetically by VIN and will group all the same engine types together.

The problem is that the engine isn't it's own value in the database since it's part of the VIN. I'm sure there's a way to query the database to only read the 5th character in the VIN and display only those results, but databases aren't really my strong suite. I just fumble through them until they work.

But as I said, it's on my list of things to improve. As is better error messages so it's clear for example that you've left a specific field blank or that your car is already in the database.

hookedtrout

This looks freaking awesome guys!! What an awesome start, won't be long and it will be an unbelievable tool to compare and dig in.

Thanks for all the hard work, I'll try and get mine in there, been so long since I joined up here I have no idea what I did or didn't do with my info other than refuse to allow my info to be in Paul's book so I'll get it updated here, this...I want to be a part of.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

This looks freaking awesome guys!! What an awesome start, won't be long and it will be an unbelievable tool to compare and dig in.

Thanks for all the hard work, I'll try and get mine in there, been so long since I joined up here I have no idea what I did or didn't do with my info other than refuse to allow my info to be in Paul's book so I'll get it updated here, this...I want to be a part of.

Thanks Cory. When you find your info, please send me an email with the info and a copy of your Marti Report if you have one so I can print it off and add it to the hard copy. Thanks.

hookedtrout

I think my marti is posted here, will that work? If not I do believe I have a copy at home, I just need to remember to get it done, I bought the big full deluxe framed marti thing.

whodat

Who did you send it to? Me or Mike?

Mike and I have not yet compared notes on the info we have, so if you submitted your car to Mike it may not be listed yet in the online Registry. Mike and I will try to coordinate soon so the online version here on the site syncs up with his hard copy version. So if you sent Mike your info it will end up in the online version.

If you don't want to wait you can certainly add the info yourself using the Registry Submit page: http://www.californiaspecial.com/registry.php
I went through the whole process and clicked submit only to find a duplicate entry. The owner before the PO has it registered. And I'd like to change it since it's in a new state and home.

rvrtrash

LOL. I looked to see if the data on my car was correct and couldn't find it. I could have sworn that I submitted it years ago. Then I noticed that all the cars were "C" code and the light went on. Scrolled down a little further and there it was! Thank you Jon, for once again going the extra mile and adding a nice new feature to the site.

Steve