• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Cars on EBay

losromero

Can anybody comment on the cars currently on EBay?

I have read the thread regarding the one in NC. But, I could not find any comments on the one in Sacramento.

I am brand new to this arena and am trying to convince my wife that we should buy a GT/CS. I am a Californian exiled in New York.

Thank you.

-Carlos

BroadwayBlue

Hi Carlos,

Welcome to the site!!!
You're not far from me at all - I'm in your area often.
I live in Dutchess County and work in Westchester County (Rye).
There is one other CS in Yorktown - I've been trying to get in touch with the owner (Mario), he posted here once but I haven't heard from him.
I've owned my car a year in June and I believe Mario is about the same timeframe.

I haven't seen a thread started on the Sacramento car. This is as good a time as any to get one started ...
Here is the car he's referring to everyone:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/68-Mustang-California-Special-1-of-213-Similar-to-a_W0QQitemZ4634452846QQcategoryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't see one from NC though. There is one in Canada, there are a number of threads on that one.
Do you have the link to the NC car (Or anyone else?)

You've come to the right place for info. Great site here and plenty of knowledge sharing among us.

Welcome and happy hunting!!

Midnight Special

...I looked at this car when it was on e-bay last December. Although in good shape, no visible rust and very clean - it's not what I would consider an investment/ restored CS, but rather an attention getting "ride". The seller also had one that was extremely original that wasn't for sale at first, but fortunately changed his mind while I was there. ('Got that one!) His e-bay description is truthful and he was very acommodating. He did have receipts as well as a lift in his garage... Very insistant on having you critique and testdrive it. My main quirk was the repro-Shelby hood and the engine & radiator painted to match the body etc... The paint job also seemed a bit too "flashy" rather than correct color. My opinion only. Nice guy to talk to tho...