• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Car pics

BrandonB

I bet Lucy will be the only GT/CS at the car show but its a little one in a parking lot but some good cars should be there I'll try and remember to bring a camera to take some clickity-clicks for ya guys. ;D

It'll be this Sat so just give me a little over a week, heard theres a chance for a GT350 or 500 to appear not sure which for sure.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
We have a local show every weekend. I almost always see a Shelby or two there, but have yet to ever see a GT/CS or HCS there. :(

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

Poor GT/CS' and HCS' they must feel so alone, but soon they shall be re-united. plus I'll have cool pics hopefully ;D

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

Heres Lucy in a pic from the place I got her at she didnt have her red decal on yet but its on now updated pics soon

Attachments

• Lucy.jpg
    Lucy.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 9

darb

Wow, she looks gorgeous! How much did you pick her up for? That red stripe probably does add a stunning effect.

-Brad

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

I got new pics I have to develope (sp check) so I'll show you those in a while. I got her for 13,000 nothing wrong with her 'cept for a minor teenie break in the driver seat not even half the lenght of a pencil or as wide, and a broken dome lense on the inside. Thats all thats wrong with her. I found me a keeper ;D

Calspecialdreamer

Brandon,

Did you find the car at a dealer, local paper, internet? Had you ever heard of a Cal Special before you got her. She is some niiiice transportation......

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

A lady from San Francisco sold it to my dealership I guess when she moved here and I found it from them. Never heard of a cal special thats why I got her. I figured (1) mustang has easy parts just in case and (2) california special, never heard of that so it sounds unique. I came here read up and man oh man am I ever so happy. Now everyone comes up to me about it. 8) oh yeah baby!

StraightSix

Very nice! :eek:

I can just imagine her with the red stripe. I can't wait to see the pictures!

-Winston

hookedtrout

Love the looks of your car. I too can't wait to see it striped out.

I do have a question for the group, is the Mustang emblem on the front fenders as seen in this photo an option, correct, or incorrect?

Mine does not have the Mustang emblem on the front fenders and my memory serves me that I have not seen it there on other GT/CS's.

Cory

admin

Staff member
Administrator
BrandonB, very sharp! I've always liked the clean look of black on black.

Hookedtrout, the "Mustang" script on the front fenders is correct. What was deleted from the GT/CS and HCS was the "horse and bars" emblem showing engine size. That emblem does show up on other 68's, but not the Specials.

hookedtrout

So if my understanding is correct then the Mustang script is correct for a 68 mustang but not on the GT/CS?

[quote author=admin link=board=1;threadid=395;start=0#msg2208 date=1054349042]
BrandonB, very sharp! I've always liked the clean look of black on black.

Hookedtrout, the "Mustang" script on the front fenders is correct. What was deleted from the GT/CS and HCS was the "horse and bars" emblem showing engine size. That emblem does show up on other 68's, but not the Specials.
[/quote]

bish

Hookedtrout;
The Mustang Script is correct for 68 Mustangs, both production & Specials.
The Running Horse with engine size was deleted from the Specials.

hookedtrout

You are right and mine does have it, had to go look, guess I need to get more intimate with my GT/CS.

Cory

[quote author=bish link=board=1;threadid=395;start=0#msg2215 date=1054385227]
Hookedtrout;
The Mustang Script is correct for 68 Mustangs, both production & Specials.
The Running Horse with engine size was deleted from the Specials.
[/quote]

Attachments

• stang2a.jpg
    stang2a.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
B

BrandonB

Got some pics finaly scanned

Attachments

• lucy2.jpg
    lucy2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
B

BrandonB

sorry they are blurry :-[

Attachments

• lucy3.jpg
    lucy3.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
B

BrandonB

I give my car no fair justince...I dont have a digital camera so its kinda iffy. Im sorry Lucy!

Attachments

• lucy4.jpg
    lucy4.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 13