• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Bumper Guards ...

Mustanger

Bumper guards - did they come on all GT/CSs, or were they optional? How about front or rear useage? How about the rear GT valance? As Linda Richman would say, "Discuss..." :smile:

Attachments

• lindarichman.jpg
    lindarichman.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 14

6t8-390gt

The GT valance was only installed on the cars w/ the GT option, not to say many cars have received them since leaving the factory.

The front and rear bumper gaurds were standard at the beginning of 68 production, but by spring became a stand alone option. Because of the UAW strike in late 1967 (1968 model year) there were more mid year changes than in previous years excluding the 64 1/2- 65 variations.

nfrntau

Front bumper guards when present - Chrome no rubber bumper insert
Rear bumper guards when present - Body color including rubber bumper insert

BroadwayBlue

Front bumper guards when present - Chrome no rubber bumper insert
Rear bumper guards when present - Body color including rubber bumper insert

I think mine are wrong. Both are chrome and both have the rubber inserts.

Does anyone have pictures of these as described (Front and rear)? Thanks!

clubpro

As mentioned the rear are body color with the rubber pads and the front are all chrome with no rubber pads .

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• 67 68 rear bumper guards.jpg
    67 68 rear bumper guards.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 20
  • 67 68 bumper guards.jpg
    67 68 bumper guards.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 100

franklinair

Ron-
I recognize the lower thumbnail photo as the rear bumper guards, but not the upper thumbnail photo. What are they?

Neil

clubpro

Neil,

The upper photo are the rear guards with the holes for the rubber pad mounts. Below is a different angle.

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• C7ZZ-17984-AR.jpg
    C7ZZ-17984-AR.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 27

murf104

Bumper guards

Can anyone supply a date or a VIN when front and rear bumper guards were no longer used. I have an April 04 build date CS, and no guards are present. Is this correct or have they at some time been removed? Thanks

franklinair

As I recall, Florida had passed a law in '68 requiring ALL models (Ford, GM, etc) to have bumper guards. Of course these were obviously not necessarily San Jose cars. To me the production changes & dates, compounded by assembly plant variations make this a very ambiguous point. (Front AND Rear, Front OR Rear, total delete). I put them on every car, Front AND Rear simply because I think the car looks better with them. The safety factor (if any) is minimal. Under the circumstances of yes/no/maybe, I think MCA should be very liberal in their judging requirements on this point.

Neil Hoppe