• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ever seen these odd bumper guards for a 67-8?

mnut

I've been into Mustangs a long time but never seen these type bumper guards.They are made in France as you can see. Anyone have a story on these oddball things? They fit perfectly at the point where you see them in the pix.Looks like they were tailor made for the 67-8 bumper,may fit others?:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCF1024.jpg
    DSCF1024.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF1025.jpg
    DSCF1025.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF1026.jpg
    DSCF1026.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF1028.jpg
    DSCF1028.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 24

rvrtrash

They look like the bumper guards on my Tiger, which is British. It's probably an aftermarket add-on. For the group, weren't there some guards you could buy that were similar but had horseshoes on them?

Steve

69convert

Yes, there are bumper guards with horseshoes on them. I have seen them a time or two. I think there is a picture of them in some restoration book on the authors car.

OP
OP
M

mnut

No,I don't think it could have been a Ford accessory.Look closely at my 3rd pic of the underside and at the bracket base to the left you'll see Mustang stamped there and in the very center of this gizmo...FRANCE.No Ford part numbers for sure.Strange,aren't they?

BroadwayBlue

No,I don't think it could have been a Ford accessory.Look closely at my 3rd pic of the underside and at the bracket base to the left you'll see Mustang stamped there and in the very center of this gizmo...FRANCE.No Ford part numbers for sure.Strange,aren't they?

No not those these...

http://www.trophymustang.com/196466-...ard-p-989.html

The link doesn't work anymore... it was the picture of the guards with the horseshoes on them.

Last edited:
P

PNewitt

Those bumper guards--that you originally showed to us ARE a Ford accessory, and they are in the 1968 Accessory Catalog, page 10.

They were a sort of one-size-fits-all-Fords part. Used on Ford (big car), Fairlane, Falcon & Mustang. Part no: C5AZ-17858-A ...and then it says "late availability".

Even though they're from France, it's an OEM part...just like, um....Marchals!!

I'd use them and then defend them in an MCA show...LOL!

Hang on to them.

Paul N.