• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Books

pfinleyz

We will finally be starting the restoration of "the Beast", although we have no idea what we're doing! Please give opinions of restoration books which you have found to be best, I will appreciate any help! I'm sure I'll be having a lot of questions, starting with: my husband started to put in a replacement dash pad, which was used. the dash he pulled out had a manually cut out slot for the metal vin plate. the used one we put in did not, and we can't fit it under the tag. obviously it doesn't go over the tag. had someone taken a new dash pad and put it over their tag, thus no cutout? why would ford have not put a slot in the pad for the vin tag? how was the original dash pad? help!!

@Holmes

Checked both 68s - there is not a cut in dash pad. Vin sits flush between the windshild molding and the dash pad. It could have been bent when the pad was removed.

OP
OP
P

pfinleyz

Hey Holmes-How is that cs project coming? I'm the one that lives near where you bought it and had looked at it.