• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Free Books offered for assistance..

P

PNewitt

I have a few things that I need help with--and things located for the book, and I'm willing to offer a free copy to folks that can provide me with these things.

I'll have several items.

The first one is -- I need a list of EVERY article and mention of the GT/CS in any magazine, particularly Mustang magazines--like Mustang Monthly, Mustangs & Fords, Fabulous Mustangs, Mustangs Illustrated, etc. Even Hot Rod, and Popular Hot Rodding. This includes 2007 and 2007 GT/CS in those magazines, like 5.0 Mustang; Modified Mustangs; and Muscle Mustangs & Fords.

This information would need to be from calendar years (Jan.) 1997 through 2007 (or present).

IF you are interested, I'd like the listings provided in a WORD document, and listed by: Magazine Title; Date; Issue No. & Vol.; no. of pages, ArticleTitle, and author (a Pagemaker 6.5 file for Mac would be even better, but not required).

Please PM me if you're willing to take this on--so I can confirm that only one person is doing this, to line up for a free book as "payment" of time and research.

thanks!!
Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Second request...

All I have is a photocopy of this May 1968 "Autolite Merchandising News" issue. I need the real thing for the book. It lists the GT/CS parts that dealers can buy for service, or customizing other '68 Mustang coupes or convertibles.

I need to get an original copy of this document, OR a 300dpi scan of it in color. The GT/CS parts list is on page 11.

"Someone" must have this "somewhere" stashed in a pile of Ford literature!!. I'm willing to offer a copy of my upcoming (GT/CS) book to the person who can find one, or provide me with a scan of both the cover and page 11 on a photo CD.

It's interesting that the GT/CS on page 11 is the same CS that was on stage in L.A. at the presentation on Feb 15th, 1968. It was a GT, with a white vinyl top, and GT wheels, and in Gulfstream Aqua.

My thanks to those willing to scour the countryside (or EBAY) for one of these!! Please PM me if you find one--and/or can provide me with a very good scan (300dpi, color). It measures about 9"x11".

Paul N.

Attachments

• autolite.jpg
    autolite.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 24
  • csprts.jpg
    csprts.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I just got the Autolite Merchandising News article nailed down by one of my contacts at SAAC. He's going to send me a scan of those two pages.

Thanks to anyone who has been looking in the meantime. Sorry.

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

WOW. Thanks, Danny. I went there and found what I needed. I'll be e-mailing them for permission to use their research in my book.

Here is their home page-- the Ford Mustang Technical Page:

http://www.hammar.dyndns.org/index.html

This is a great link.

thanks again,

Paul.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Sure....I'll include a photo of it in the "collectibles" page. Really.

-Paul.

(p.s. speaking of collectibles....do they sell DVD copies of "Home & Away" there in OZ? I'm looking for scenes with my pal Natalie Nash (Antoinette B.). from some years ago.)

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

(sorry, off topic moment here...)

Your friend OWNS Channel 7 Sydney? How awesome is that?
Thanks for anything he could provide.

Perhaps sometime they could feature your CS on TV there? I could send you an original GT/CS commercial on tape or DVD if you'd like.

That's awesome. Thanks!!

Paul.

gt bandit

paul ,

as this is a public forum i wont elaborate but yes they are fairly well adjusted financially

they also own the 5th largest CAT dealership in the world

i will PM you the results of my discussions

shaun

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

paul ,

as this is a public forum i wont elaborate but yes they are fairly well adjusted financially

they also own the 5th largest CAT dealership in the world

i will PM you the results of my discussions

shaun

Absolutely! I agree.
Thanks for anything you can provide.

Paul N.