• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Boise State

J.Bart

did anyone see BSU shutout Fresno State???
Fresno hasn't been shutout since 1998

hookedtrout

Oh yea, I saw it, a little bit slow on the get go, can you imagine if they would have started out hot?

J.Bart

yes!!! kinda scary to start with.
can't wait for the bcs countdown

Powell

I hesitate to think of the options after I opened my mouth about OUR Oregon state Beavers going to play the Bronco's early in the season. But, does anyone out there think the BCS and the national media would ever let an Oregon Duck...Boise state Bronco game for the National championship happen?
Ralph

J.Bart

i actually would be shocked if they ever let BSU play for the title, i don't think they would let any non A Q team play for the title.

i think they have been scrambling to keep BCS teams in front of TCU and BSU.
they continually talk about a one loss A Q team jumping over Boise and TCU
but one can hope.
just like the direct comparison of TCU and BSU vs the Beavers, they won't look at it.

J.Bart

BIG DAY IN COLLAGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!
AUBURN VS ALABAMA AT 2:30 ET 12:30 mountain time
this is the one to watch, if auburn falls it opens the door for BOISE STATE
experts think it could happen, alabama is favored to win
oh and it's on CBS

then at 7:00 et 5:00 mt on espn it;s ARIZONA VS OREGON DUCKS
oregon is supposed to win, but you never know.
if oregon has a bad day it could give BSU a shot also

then at 10:15 et 8:15 mountain time on espn it's the BSU BRONCO'S from BOISE IDAHO stampeding the WOLFPACK in Reno Nevada

Boise State is favored to win, but thats not enough for the bcs computers.
BSU needs to make another statement like last week.
it's the difference between no post season game and maybe the national title.
Boise still needs to jump past TCU, Texas Christian Univ. , and a close win over Nevada will not do it.
It's a big day for Boise State and collage football.
non of the top four teams have had a shot at the title
lots of fun today!!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Way back in the day before the Bullshit College Showcase, BYU and the Washington Huskies were co-national champions. I hated it at the time, but every time Washington played BYU it was very competitive.

Boise State embarrassed Oklahoma in a recent bowl game. If they do not get a title shot it will be a huge shame. Oregon will, but they need to beat Oregon Sate at Reser stadium in Corvallis. The Civil War will be a war this year. The Cougars have knocked off the Huskies a bunch of times when it was all on the line for the dogs. The year Oregon State beat up I think Notre Dame in a bowl game, they were the best team on the field that year. But they had one loss. I will say that it is tougher to play in a major conference every weekend, but Boise State could play in any conference!

Long time due for a mini-playoff. Single elimination. You can still use the major bowl locations for hosts and they still get their bucks. And with the winner moving on, the bowl came will draw huge crowds. I think an 8 to 4 to 2 or the final would ensure that all deserving teams got a shot. We may need to shorten the college season a game or two, but in reality most teams have nearly the whole month of December off. and we seem to extend the championship way past January 1 these days.

The main complaint I always here is “too many games” for the final teams. Give me a break, they want to settle it on the field. And it would mean huge revenue for their college.

Rob

Mosesatm

Sorry, but here's my take on the whole thing.

Universities were created to be places of higher learning where the country's greatest young minds could be stimilated and encouraged to make our world a better place. Now it's more important to figure out who has the best football team, and which team can create the most revenue for the schools. Revenue that's sorely needed so the schools can pay their coaches seven figures, while the professors make 5 figures.

We can't compete in the global economy anymore because no-one wants our college grads but we can sure create great quarterbacks.

As a nation our priorities are totally screwed up.

J.Bart

auburn didn't look good at all, alabama didn't show up for the second half.
alabama gave the game away.
oregon is having trouble, i hope BSU can keep their steam going

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Arlie,
I totally agree with your take on our countries priorities. The “entertainment” industry commands such value over the real important things. Public schools and health care are two areas in such shambles. I work for the department of defense and the waste in these areas is so criminal. But I try to stem that from my level and have done some good things.

Higher education is still working, but so expensive that not all can achieve that goal. Just saw tuitions rise 3 fold at UW. They want a new football stadium. The state will not help. Don’t start me about the waste in our state government...

Well, when you and I are elected as president in successive years, we will change all of this!!!

Boise State lost so that will help clear up the BCS a bit! Wish they would have won. Until we can fix the real woes of our country I want a playoff in college football!!

Rob

Midnight Special

...For the heck of it, here's some pics of yesterday's Bronco / Wolfpack game taken by my brother Brian. He's one of the credentialed media photographers...

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 22
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 23
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 22
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 28
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 21
  • b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 27
  • b8.jpg
    b8.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 24
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 26

Powell

Dang, with the recent Oregon Duck win we could have had a Northwest BCS championship game. Well maybe next Year.

Ralph

hookedtrout

Go Ducks, I hope they kill Auburn and TCU kills Wisconsin if that's who they get. At least that would set the stage that the SEC isn't everyone elses DADDY like they think. I'll be wearing my Ducks cap dilligently!!!