• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Boise State

hookedtrout

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Off and running, someday they'll get the elusive #1.

J.Bart

isn't that just off the wall!!!!!!!!!!!
i ran out of fingernails!!!!
it was a very tough game, but they pulled out another one

TheBlkPearl

Sweet

Attached is a pic of my Mustang on the Bronco football field - great game but they gotta keep winning!

Attachments

• MustangBSU.JPG
    MustangBSU.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 34

Powell

I definately agree that it was an outstanding game, hope they win ONE more before they meet our Oregon State Beavers!!!

Ralph

J.Bart

i just read !!!!!!!!!!!!!::::::::::::::: boise state is now 3rd in the coaches poll !!!!!!!!!!!!
moved up from 5th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timmknz

Until they meet Oregon State!
I think your car would look nicer on the Beav's Field than the Broncos!
TIm

hookedtrout

Sounds like a little friendly jabbing coming up...when the Bronc's tromp the Beav's!!!!

J.Bart

oregon is going to be tough.
if bsu has as many penalty's as with virg. tech. they might get beat.
they aren't as smooth as i thought they would be.
hopefully it was firsts game jitters

#48 j.c. percy is from right here in blackfoot. when he was a senior, the blackfoot broncos took the state championship.

J.Bart

Virginia Tech, Boise State set ESPN ratings records
Not only did Boise State's dramatic 33-30 victory over Virginia Tech live up to much of the preseason hype on the field, it also attracted a record amount of eyeballs to the television screen Monday night.

According to ESPN, Monday night's game was the network's most viewed college football game ever in terms of households, and its 7.3 rating was the highest rating for a college football game in 16 years as almost 9.9 million viewers tuned into the telecast. Only USC's game at Ohio State in 2009, which averaged almost 10.57 million viewers, has ever attracted more people to an ESPN college football telecast.

In addition, the game was the most viewed program of the day across all networks — broadcast and cable — and was the highest-rated college football game during the season's opening weekend. The game became ESPN’s most-viewed and highest-rated non-Saturday college football telecast since at least 1990 (when these sorts of things began being tracked by the network)

By Mark Giannotto

hookedtrout

Interesting, thanks for sharing that. They are certainly gaining recognition every year, more and more.

di81977

I have always liked Boise State, but they need to play more than 1 good team a year. I heard a story on ESPN yesterday that they had conversations with Nebraska about setting up a game, but demanded to be paid $1M to play.

Can't say I am a Dan Hawkins fan these days. Will be interesting to see how the CU Buffs pan out this year. Could be his last here.

david

hookedtrout

I have always liked Boise State, but they need to play more than 1 good team a year. I heard a story on ESPN yesterday that they had conversations with Nebraska about setting up a game, but demanded to be paid $1M to play.

Can't say I am a Dan Hawkins fan these days. Will be interesting to see how the CU Buffs pan out this year. Could be his last here.

david

They have tried to get some of the top teams to play them with split games home and away year to year but no one wants to risk it from what I hear so they refuse to sign on. As soon as they give them a number one ranking things will change, teams will have to start playing them to get the #1 back. I think a lot of the big name schools could beat Boise but they just won't play them and risk it so I say give them the #1 and a shot at the national title and then they will all be on level playing fields and it will be decided on the field instead of some a$$ wipes desktop. I'd much rather they have a shot and lose than not even get a shot.

J.Bart

david

there is alot of talk about the games that bsu supposedly passes on, i don't know where to get accurate info on that.

J.Bart

it looks like the nevada wolfpack are going to be an extremely tough team this year

Ruppstang

They were asked to play a Nebraska and turned it down because Nebraska would not guarentee them one million dollars. I think most that do play here get near that amount. Marty

J.Bart

could it be possible?????

could Boise State get a shot at the national title????
i would be surprised if the BCS, (boys club system), will ever let it happen.
but with their #1's dropping like flies, they are running out of teams to put infront of BSU.
but it looks like the bcs might not have a choice the way things are going.
v tech is undefeated in conf. , and they are winning big.
the harris and ap have BSU at #2, i guess will see what the computers do.
it would be really cool!!!!!!