• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Black Out Blinker Hood

Ruppstang

Rob,
We all know that all kind of things happened at dealerships to sell cars. Like Jeff said keep digging on the history of YOUR car thats where you will find the answers. Marty

Mosesatm

I agree to a point, but don't forget about the twin. It may be easier to find someone who remembers working on 2 identical cars than on 1 car.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Thanks for the comments. I think I will post the comments in the first guide that spun me up on the color and the existence of these cars. Clarity has been achieved over the years and I feel the color disparity is just how you have outlined it as variances to the “hue” and the reference to anniversary gold may be unfounded or incorrect. Here is one snippet from the original guide. The link Tim posted has a bunch of the rest of the snippets from the guide that were the main reason I was led on the quest! Almost comical that these words were written by the person who now denounces the theory! The guide even has this theory in the production timeline. PLEASE read the link Tim posted. It was in 2007 but it contains a lot of background pertinent to this search. Here is the snippet.

“You could get a GT/CS in any standard Mustang color, including Anniversary Nugget Gold color (Code Y5) that some early GT/CS cars were painted , destined for Southern Oregon, still within DSO 72 with a few sent to Seattle DSO 74.”

The fun part of this is its content was in direct reference to the interview with Lee Gray. And very fresh at the time. IMO Lee was not confused over the GNS, and he had some knowledge at that time of something odd. And then two cars show that fit the theory….

Anyway, the quest continues. I do agree with Arlie and Jeff. Each car has its history and I hope to find it out. But the two cars share too much history together to dismiss the connection.

Again thanks for the help! This can be construed as boring or just sour grapes as said elsewhere. My car is a gold nugget special and that is that at this time. I said this in 2007 and have never hid the fact.

Does anyone have an original black our hood treatment in their list of options on their GT/CS? Very common on non-GT/CS Mustangs in 1968.

Rob

PonyGal

I have both his books, haven't looked at them but once or twice since I got them back in the 80's and have no idea where they even are. I should dig them out and give them to someone that would utilize them. Probably why I really have no enthusiasm for the new book. I have a Mustang Monthly with me and my car in it back in the day and I've looked at it more than I have the other two books by far, holds more value to me as well, in fact I bought about 5 of them when they came out and I'm only in the Readers Rides section in the back.

Let's see who can find me first and tell me the year and month that I'm in Mustang Monthly, theres a challenge. ;-)

Cory

Cory,

You were in the February '87 issue of Mustang Monthly :wink: