• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Barrett-Jackson Insurance

RedGTvert

While at the auction I noticed they are now doing collector car insurance. Figured, what the heck, see what they are offering.

They claim they will pay up to 150% of agreed value for a toal loss. They also claim there is a diminished value clause as well.

The other thing that I found interesting, if the car has been in an accident or anything else that would be covered by the policy, they will pay flatbed towing to any shop of your choice, no matter where. When I had an engine fire that caused over $45K in damage to a '70 Mach 1 I had owned, I had to pay to transport it back up to the shop I use in PA, whereas they say they will pay the transportation under this policy.

They also claim, they will pay for NOS or OEM parts if they can find, if the original part was original.

There is no mileage restrictions similar to Haggerty.

I had them quote for the heck of it, matching the policy I have with Haggerty, and they were $155.00 a year cheaper.

Thought I would pass along, so next time it comes to buy insurance, may be worth the look.