• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Anyone Selling at Mecum or Barrett-Jackson?

timmerzfl

Some of these cars listed for sale have been on here for a while with no updates if they have been sold. Photos are all dark indoor photos. I'm starting my search for a GT/CS or HCS and curious if anyone will be selling at Barrett-Jackson in New Orleans next month or Mecum in Las Vegas in November?

Mosesatm

What are you looking for regarding engine, transmission, color, budget, etc?

DanTeets

I have an S code GT/CS that will be for sale as soon as I can get pics and know of a ‘67 HCS that’s available.

OP
OP
T

timmerzfl

I prefer 302 "J" code, automatic with a/c (I live in Florida). I am hoping to find an unmolested, original color, rust free "driver" I can just enjoy, possibly to restore in the future. Any color but red or yellow. Black, vinyl top, floor and overhead consoles a plus. Budget depends on condition and location and being able to confirm authenticity.

OP
OP
T

timmerzfl

We are under a Hurricane warning here in Tampa Bay so may be slow to reply but appreciate responses.

franklinair

I prefer 302 "J" code, automatic with a/c (I live in Florida). I am hoping to find an unmolested, original color, rust free "driver" I can just enjoy, possibly to restore in the future. Any color but red or yellow. Black, vinyl top, floor and overhead consoles a plus. Budget depends on condition and location and being able to confirm authenticity.
Too bad you don't want Red. My current project is a primo GT/CS that I will have completed in a few months. This will be my last resto. Time & age have caught up to me.

Neil

Attachments

• RED1.jpg
    RED1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Waycross CS.jpg
    Waycross CS.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
T

timmerzfl

That is a sharp looking car! Love the black vinyl top. I'm looking for the "before" version. Maybe I could go with a red one with a vinyl top.

Mosesatm

There was one on SoCal but I’m not sure it’s still for sale. I’ll try to find it.
Mike, I’m thinking of the YouTube car.

Mosesatm

How about something like this?

Attachments

• 1-Matt-Conner-Facebook.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 73

speedy02

@Mosesatm I think this is the car you are talking about. However, the AD is no longer active on auto trader.

OP
OP
T

timmerzfl

How about something like this?
Sure a good looking car. Too nice for what I am looking for. I am hoping to find an unmolested, original color, rust free "driver" I can just enjoy, possibly to restore in the future. Maybe there just aren't any projects around anymore. Thanks for posting!

speedy02

@timmerzfl Would what you are looking even qualify for Mecum or Barrett Jackson auction? I may know of two cars that are projects but wouldn't classify them as driver. They would take a little work just to get to the Driver Status neither car is a J Code. I know you stated you would like to find a J Code Auto car but in our production numbers show there were only 658 total built in that configuration. Our registry only has 281 reported in that configuration. Most Produced colors are Candyapple Red and Lime Gold so you will usually find those two color for sale more often.

I also wanted a J-Code 302 PDB, PS, AC car and it took me serval years to find what I was looking for. However, I wouldn't get hung up on AC because I have found the original system works but it is not as efficient as the after market systems of today. Being in Florida you would be disappointed in a Factory AC car performance.

Ruppstang

" I have found the original system works but it is not as efficient as the after market systems of today. Being in Florida you would be disappointed in a Factory AC car performance."

That is not my experience. I have had a number of cars with original AC, and they are in my opinion better than any aftermarket system if properly set up and charged with R12. My 68 fastback had an outlet temp. of 38 degrees.

speedy02

@Ruppstang mine is blowing 50 to 55 degrees on Hot 95+ days. However mine has been converted to R134a. R12 is hard to find in my area and times I found some it was pretty pricey.

OP
OP
T

timmerzfl

@timmerzfl Would what you are looking even qualify for Mecum or Barrett Jackson auction? I may know of two cars that are projects but wouldn't classify them as driver. They would take a little work just to get to the Driver Status neither car is a J Code. I know you stated you would like to find a J Code Auto car but in our production numbers show there were only 658 total built in that configuration. Our registry only has 281 reported in that configuration. Most Produced colors are Candyapple Red and Lime Gold so you will usually find those two color for sale more often.

I also wanted a J-Code 302 PDB, PS, AC car and it took me serval years to find what I was looking for. However, I wouldn't get hung up on AC because I have found the original system works but it is not as efficient as the after market systems of today. Being in Florida you would be disappointed in a Factory AC car performance.

Thank you for your post. You do make a very good point that I wouldn't find a driver at Mecum or Barrett Jackson and are probably correct. IF I were to see something I really liked, the higher the price the more it has to check all of the boxes.

The only thing I'm not flexible on is it has to have an automatic due to my bad left knee. I sold my 2017 Focus ST for that reason. I'd love to find my old “J” code that I posted about (Anyone recognize my old car?) on July 13th in the discussion forum with no luck.

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos/info of the S code that a member has for sale.

Mosesatm

I know of an aqua car with white stripes that has been parked for around 5 years since it was more-or-less restored. It’ll probably need very little tinkering to get everything to where it should be. 289 auto.
Most cars for sale are nicer than drivers.